“Fabulous”

Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unique flavor combinations, vivid colors, opposing textures are featured in original recipes on the entree and starters menu. A carefully chosen wine list and a full bar featuring classic drinks complements the food menu. The vivacious atmosphere in the Art Deco building creates not just a satisfying meal, but a convivial dining experience. Come to celebrate love of good food, a life milestone, or if you are just plain hungry. You will find what is truly one of the great rural restaurants in Arizona. there is live music every Friday and Sunday night. Cafe Roka serves Food to Live For!
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food here was not inexpensive but was certainly a delight to the palate. Staff was attentive, live music was playing, just a delightful experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were thrilled with the menu, the food, the service, and all of this for less than $100 for a couple is an experience to be repeated the next time we are in Bisbee.
The piquillo peppers and stuffed dates reminded us of Barcelona, as did my husband's glass of Rioja.
The chef is obviously using what is fresh and in season, as you could see some of the same vegetables used creatively throughout the menu. Right now that would be green beans, corn, and basil! Yum!
My husband had the lamb chops--American lamb--the serving was extremely generous, perfectly cooked, and just delicious! He also commented that the mashed potatoes were excellent--mashed, not riced nor whipped, with just enough lumps to tell the diner that they are the real thing!
My artichoke and portobello mushroom lasagna was huge and a wonderful melange of vegetables, three sauces (green pesto, red tomato, white cheese), and nicely flavored.
The four-course meal that night was a watermelon/feta/basil salad plus a green salad with a yummy basil dressing, a lime sorbet to die for, and then the entree. To think that both of our dinners plus the peppers and dates and an order of pound cake for dessert plus a glass a wine and a before-dinner Scotch was less than $100 is just unbelievable!! MORE than worth the price!!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place came recommended by our hotel manager as the best place to eat in Bisbee. We were not disappointed and the food and service reminded me of fine eateries in San Francisco or LA. Check out the Roast Duck and the fine wine list.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I have just gotten back from an overnight trip to Bisbee. We decided to celebrate my birthday at Cafe Roka. We'd been there once before in March, and decided to try it again. Wow! We can honestly say that it was even better than the last time! The most outstanding dish was their Australian rack of lamb which our waiter said they only get every 4 months. It was exquisite - I've never tasted better. I went to bed dreaming about it! Every dish is created with care and finesse, and served by friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. Cafe Roka is housed in an old, renovated and historic building which in itself is delightful. On Friday nights they have live jazz playing after 5 pm. Their menu changes several times a week, and an entree includes soup, salad, a palate cleanser (lime sherbert), and the entree. It's a wonderful, unique concept, and really works. Their other offerings were good, too; but if you want something really special, order the rack of lamb. Outstanding!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

All meals come with a small soup, salad and sorbet -- each one just right. My risotto cakes with black beans and plantains were delicious and exciting, and my companions raved about their roast chicken and short ribs. Desserts (three nut tart and key lime pie) were good but not as outstanding as the meals.

Been to Cafe Roka? Share your experiences!