“Outstanding menu - great chefs”
Review of Cafe Roka

Cafe Roka
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unique flavor combinations, vivid colors and complimentary textures combine with a carefully chosen wine list, and a vivacious atmosphere to create not just a satisfying meal, but a convivial dining experience. Come for the live music every Friday night, come to celebrate a life milestone or come for a love of good food, come to find out what is truly one of the great rural restaurants in Arizona.Cafe Roka serves Food to Live For!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The menu was very interesting and not what you would find everywhere. Many flavors. The service was better than average and the staff went out of their way to make our dining experience special. My wife thought we were celebrating an special occasion - because of them!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Cafe Roka, will you adopt me?
My husband and I have eaten at Roka 4 times in 4 years (and we will be back on Friday for our 4th wedding anniversary dinner!). Each time, it has been fantastic. The special is always amazing, the service perfect, and the entire experience, excellent. We are really looking forward to our weekend in Bisbee in a few days, and one of the draws is this place!

fmiller100, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Well, thanks for returning for your anniversary. In our own small way, we like to recognize a special event in our guests' lives so we offer a complimentary dessert. It a token of our appreciation that you have chosen to celebrate an anniversary, such as in your case, or a birthday with us. We do hope you'll keep marking your anniversary with a dinner at Roka.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Southern Arizona has a couple of exceptional restaurants that are worth the drive whether you are from Phoenix or Tucson. Cose Buone in Patagonia and Café Roka in Bisbee. We recently returned to Café Roka and owner chef Rod Kass has not lost his magical touch.

At night the restaurant stands out on the fairly deserted Main Street with its red neon sign and resemblance to a European café on a quiet street. Warmly greeted by the hostess upon entering and always pleased when reservation times are honored. When we walked by the bar in the center of the restaurant I could tell immediately that our martinis would be well-prepared and ice cold. They were.

They have a great menu that seems to change frequently. It is always nice knowing that you might be trying something different. While the entrees are a four course presentation of soup, salad, sorbet and then the entrée, it is really hard even with all that food not to begin with one the excellent starters. We selected warm prosciutto wrapped artichoke hearts with a balsamic glaze. So nice and I have been working ever since on trying to duplicate it at home.

For our entrees we both had one of the featured specials. My wife had a nice cod and shrimp entrée which was nicely enhanced with some excellent vegetables and a couple of dipping sauces. The chef is evidently a fan of chimichurri which I am as well from my days in Argentina. When I realized that he was using chimichurri on the other special, I had no choice but to go with the rare west Texas grass-fed sirloin. Again it was complimented nicely with mashed potatoes and a variety of garden fresh vegetables. I like it when a restaurant serves grass-fed beef. It is healthy and the taste is incredible.

Sure we were full after all of that, but we did not drive this far to not enjoy the crème brulee. Every restaurant seems to do it differently and this one lived up to our expectations. The service is excellent and quick. What a fun place for dinner. We have already penciled in on the calendar for our return.

1  Thank Robert V

Thank you for your complete review. We really appreciate it when our guests have a good time, it tells us that we are doing what we set out to do.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here two nights after Valentine's Day. This was our second time eating at Cafe Roka, and overall we really enjoyed the meal. We probably waited 25 minutes past our reservation time; the front waiting area is cramped and a bit hectic. But once you get to your seat, you forget about your wait. I had a sirloin medium rare and it was tasty, but my wife had the vegetable lasagna (which I had the first time we came and personally, maybe the best lasagna I've ever had- and I'm not huge into vegetarian dishes). The artichoke and prosciutto-wrapped appetizer was delicious. The wine was fairly priced and a perfect pairing for the meal, though it would be really neat to see some local Sonoita wines on the menu. The food prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is great. Our server was very friendly and was great overall. We tell all our friends about Cafe Roka, and we will definitely be back again.

fmiller100, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

That was a very busy weekend, our normal weekend plus those who were making it up to their sweeties for not taking them out on V-day. Thanks for the comment about the Sonoita wines, we're in the process of seeing if we can get delivery to Bisbee. It's not that we don't want to carry more AZ wines, but delivery (and sometimes price) is often a problem. Hope you do return. Keep in mind that as summer nears, Bisbee is 10-15 degrees cooler than Tucson! Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

great restaurant. food was impressive and service exceptional.Our table was by the kitchen and we asked to be moved and we were.

We try to please; moving from a table location that doesn't suit you on a particular night is something we usually can do, although sometimes it involves a wait for a different table. Thanks for the review.

Been to Cafe Roka? Share your experiences!