“Great Place, Great Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Calumet and Arizona Guest House
Ranked #8 of 13 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Traveled here with my teenaged daughter, who thought Bisbee was tons of fun. We only spent one night here, and wished we had stayed at least one night longer. Breakfast is fabulous, and somehow, someone very quietly makes it! Lovely Host. Lovely garden. Great fun trying to find your way back to it from downtown Bisbee at night - the GPS takes you up some exciting roads! Easy to find in the daylight!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. The garden in the back continues to improve. We really enjoy our guests. If you get lost next time call me and I'll help you find us. Joy

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We just spent a delightful two nights at the Calumet and Arizona Guest House with friends, and we all enjoyed our stay. Breakfast both days was delicious, and we could choose among several choices cooked to order and served with homemade jams. Our room, #6, was the upstairs "master bedroom," a spacious room with a comfortable bed. The owner, Joy, blocked off the adjoining room's door to the shared bath, making it private for us. Our room also had a second dressing room with vanity and sink, so it was extra convenient. The 1906 home has been renovated and filled with antiques and artworks, and the grounds are gorgeous -- several patios, flowers, trees, even a fish pond. Joy also provides binders with Arizona hiking trails, local eating spots, activities and a photographic history of the house. The house is in the suburb of Warren just south of "Old Bisbee," a former copper and gold mining town where we ate good meals, visited art galleries, took a fascinating tour of the Queen Mine, and visited a mining museum. We couldn't have asked for more!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms on either end of the house are extra large, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We certainly enjoyed your group. It makes it worthwhile to have a B&B. We get some super guests. Joy

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My sweetie liked this B & B but I was not as enthralled. We had the room on the second floor at the back with a king size bed and enjoyed having a wood burning stove to keep us warm through the night. The staff were lovely women. Although interesting the mansion was not, to me, aesthetically inviting. I found the antiques, artificial flowers, plates, dolls and other assorted collectibles a bit much. I would sell a few of the many silver coffee and tea servers on display and purchase a nice flat screen TV with some good cable channels to replace the one small, old TV in the public front room.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I appreciate your comments and taking the time to respond. I have the silver tea pots since I sometimes do high teas. The only two dolls that are to be out are my first doll and one I got when I was a flower girl in a wedding. Both are Madame Alexander dolls. One of my ladies has been putting more things out without my knowledge. It is funny but I went through and had cleared out some things that were added right after you were here. I thought that it was getting cluttered too. Good suggestion on the TV. I do have cable and have many channels. Since very few people watch TV I can't see adding the premium channels. I will look into getting a new flat screen TV. Thank you for the prompting. Joy

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our red hat group went to the Calumet House B&B for lunch, this is a lovely 110 year old home, not a place to walk into too casual. You want to dress up and feel elegant in this lovely home. Our lunch was wonderful, lentil soup, salad, lots of finger sandwiches and a lovely chocolate cake for dessert. This is my second time and won't be the last....next time I'll stay in one of the beautifully decorated rooms...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sydette

It is fun to do lunches for such nice groups as yours. As I say, I feel as if I'm playing house. Our weather is really nice right now even though it is so warm in Tucson. I hope to have you as a guest before your planned visit. Joy

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this lovely B and B 4 times now. Each visit has made us smile; honestly feeling loved as we were leaving..All of our the breakfasts were wonderful and the service staff has been so kind. We feel like we are visiting a family member who makes us feel so special and has pre-thought about everything necessary to make us feel at home!
They are dog friendly, and even offered to watch our well behaved miniature poodle while we went out for dinner. Joy, the owner, is well dialed in to the community,always there to make reservations for us when ever we ask for information. How easy she makes our trip!!! Her home is historic, with lovely family antiques. She decorates her long friendly dining room table to honor the holiday of the month...We arrived toward the end of February; just in time to enjoy valentines month in red and white lace... and as we left she was changing the decor to green and white lace decor for St Patricks Day!!! The array of her grandmother's one of a kind English bone china teacups matched the holidays as well! Lovely period pieces...

Room Tip: Ask the owner, tell her all of your needs!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SPARTACUSER

Welcome to the family. I'm glad that you felt welcome and comfortable with us. Come again. Joy

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rooms are furnished with beautiful antique furniture's, beds are very comfortable.
My dog there was treated like the guest. I'm truly surprised that owner was not afraid to have pets close to such precious pieces.
The only drawback is location, about 3miles from Bisbee downtown,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Waltertu
Joy608, Owner at Calumet and Arizona Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks. We enjoy our guests, even the four legged ones. You should be thanked for making my hobby most enjoyable. My staff work hard to keep everything up. I hope that you will stay with us again or stop by if you are in the neighborhood to visit. Joy

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This B & B was charming and the gardens were gorgeous. The bed was perfect! However the doors don't lock from the outside only from the inside and the locks kept falling off. We had the jacuzzi room ( needs curtains as people can look in !! ) and takes at least 2-3 hours to warm up to just warm.
We were excited to have a made to order Breakfast yet the eggs benedict were cold and the hollandaise was not recognizable. The next day I tried the Quiche- again luke warm.
I would highly recommend the surroundings but not the breakfast. And there was cheap toilet paper instead of kleenex ( an actual roll of TP) that was rough for the face and nose! Not impressive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 555SaucyB

The spa controller had been struck by lightening. I had replaced the motor but didn't know about the heater. I am still trying to get it fixed. Soon I hope. I'lm surprised about the breakfast being warm since we cook it, put it on warm plates and take it out directly. I appreciate things being brought to my attention so that I can fix them. I didn't know about the spa being warm until I read the review. We try but can't solve problems unless we know about them. Joy