“Doesn't get much better”

Screaming Banshee Pizza
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Service was over the top. The pizza was superb. The salad with chicken was a wonderful dish. It was an great pizza joint- I can see why the locals recommend it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We popped in here one afternoon and they have outside seating with heaters and fireplaces. We sat outside by a fire and enjoyed some of the best food ever. The pizza, the calzones, the cheese, the wine.... Shall I go on? It is a must have when you are in Bisbee..

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This used to be our Friday "go to" spot, but we haven't been back in a while since things are so busy for us, bu their pizza's are delicious! We love the "No Besos Para Ti" appetizer and my favorite pizza is the Spicy Mother Chicken. They will also do a half and half pizza, which works out great!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

ask if you want to make sure your pizza selection comes with the traditional red sauce! lovely outdoor patio in back for dining in warm weather

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband, son and I ate here for my husband's bithday yesterday, a late Sunday afternoon, never having been in here but hearing about the great food. It's right off Tombstone Canyon in upper Old Bisbee, along a people-watching street, especially when events like the Bisbee 1000 running event takes place in October.

The place is small but reeks of Old West. Our server Garath had a bushy mustache and was very professional, fast and proficient. While we waited for our food I watched the bakers throw pizzas in the air for dramatic effect.

We ordered the margharita pizza which tasted like what I'd have in pizza parlors in Germany. While the sauce was a tad bland, the crust was perfect. One pizza filled two people up and we took the second one home.

The pepperoni was topped and the meat looked fresh.

Locally-brewed Old Bisbee Brewery beer, the Copper Street Ale, is served here, which is one of Arizona's best beer and gaining in popularity. The small bar seats four people and seating is at the one main entrance, which can get draughty on cold days and annoying on busy days.

The clientele is both tourists and locals, which creates a nice mix. The 555 Grille shares the small parking lot with this place, and many bikers go there on weekends. It thus can get rowdy here and may not be an ideal place when with small children.

While this place is small and gets very crowded on big event days, I highly recommend this place for pizza while visiting this old mining town. Go there on an early Sunday evening when it's not quite so busy, to truly enjoy the Bisbee aura.