“Best Brick Oven Pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This used to be our Friday "go to" spot, but we haven't been back in a while since things are so busy for us, bu their pizza's are delicious! We love the "No Besos Para Ti" appetizer and my favorite pizza is the Spicy Mother Chicken. They will also do a half and half pizza, which works out great!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

ask if you want to make sure your pizza selection comes with the traditional red sauce! lovely outdoor patio in back for dining in warm weather

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband, son and I ate here for my husband's bithday yesterday, a late Sunday afternoon, never having been in here but hearing about the great food. It's right off Tombstone Canyon in upper Old Bisbee, along a people-watching street, especially when events like the Bisbee 1000 running event takes place in October.

The place is small but reeks of Old West. Our server Garath had a bushy mustache and was very professional, fast and proficient. While we waited for our food I watched the bakers throw pizzas in the air for dramatic effect.

We ordered the margharita pizza which tasted like what I'd have in pizza parlors in Germany. While the sauce was a tad bland, the crust was perfect. One pizza filled two people up and we took the second one home.

The pepperoni was topped and the meat looked fresh.

Locally-brewed Old Bisbee Brewery beer, the Copper Street Ale, is served here, which is one of Arizona's best beer and gaining in popularity. The small bar seats four people and seating is at the one main entrance, which can get draughty on cold days and annoying on busy days.

The clientele is both tourists and locals, which creates a nice mix. The 555 Grille shares the small parking lot with this place, and many bikers go there on weekends. It thus can get rowdy here and may not be an ideal place when with small children.

While this place is small and gets very crowded on big event days, I highly recommend this place for pizza while visiting this old mining town. Go there on an early Sunday evening when it's not quite so busy, to truly enjoy the Bisbee aura.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For years friends have recommended to me the Screaming Banshee Pizza restaurant in Bisbee. Everyone was always so enthusiastic about it that I became suspicious. Was it gimmicky? Were these friends a little too enamored of pizza? Did they drink too much beer at the Banshee? So it has taken me a while to get there (I don't live in Bisbee and only visit a few times a year). I finally went there for dinner tonight with a friend. I am happy to say it totally lives up to the hype. It's set inside an old renovated gas station, but like nothing you would expect. Only about 15 tables, tall ceilings, beautiful faux painting over stucco with wood beams and wood window frames. Warm environs, comfortable seats, and extremely friendly staff. Fabulous local art all over the walls, eccentric sculptures, and some of the best pizza I've tasted. We had the screaming banshee pizza with homemade fennel sausage, sauteed onions and mushrooms with a cream sauce. Excellent microbrews and a nice wine list. Interesting customers, a patio, pleasant music in the background... All around a very enjoyable, hip, culinary experience. A place you will want to linger. It is one of the reasons Bisbee is a destination rather than a pass through. Don't wait as long as I did to enjoy a meal there.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

And local beers. A little disorganized and the bar is kind of a waste of time but we like the thin crust pizza, wood fired oven. the special pasta, and the salad w everything. A reliable fav. great attitude among the employees.

Been to Screaming Banshee Pizza? Share your experiences!