“Wonderful”

The Inn at Castle Rock
Ranked #6 of 13 Bisbee B&B and Inns
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed twice here and the hospitality was wonderful. Rooms are clean and eclectic. Peaceful and relaxing place. You feel very much at home here. I love the balconies and the owners have been welcoming and kind. A definite recommend!!

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jackie C
Tiacr B, Owner at The Inn at Castle Rock, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thanks for the kind words . We like everyone to feel like they are at home at The Inn at Castle Rock.. Hope to see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
tx
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I knew prior to making our plans to stay here, that this was an old hotel. From other TA reviews, it sounded pretty cool. Paths in the garden, chairs on the balcony, easy walk to the town shops and resturants and nice owners. Ok, all that is true.....but what about the creepiness factor? We stayed in 26, all the way in the back with a patio area, quite, private and creepy. The motion sensor light went off 3 times and after the third time I could have sworn I saw someone looking in the window! That was at 4:20 AM and by 4:30 AM we were out the door and heading out of Bisbee! I don't know if I really saw someone or not but the light going on 3 times was too much for me. We don't live in town so we are use to the dark and quiteness of the night. The gardens could be very nice to hang out, if they were cleaned up . It was a little sad to see the rotton wood, the over grown gardens, the dirt and dust and what could be a very charming hotel. The lady ( i can't think of her name )and James could not have been nicer. I gave the value a one because we left so early, maybe if we had a different room so we could have had a nice morning,the value would be higher. The cleanliness is a 2 because we saw no bugs, but the dust!! We really wanted to enjoy this place but it was not to be, sadly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We are always there to help make your stay a comfortable. There are 13 more rooms for you to try. Hope to see you again
Tucson
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really really loved this place. It has an enchanting charm to it, with lots of little secrets to discover and an awesome atmosphere. The owner, Chris, was very very nice and welcoming. Very short walk to all the fun in the main downtown area. I really enjoyed the community feel to the place. My only complaint about that is that someone ate my leftovers from dinner that I was really really excited about out of the fridge in the kitchen area! I don't know who the offender was, but if you use the community fridge, label your items clearly so noone else is encouraged to do that! Other than the fridge sneaker, if you are into places with character, you will love this one.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crystal r
Thank's for the feed back. The left overs must of been really good . I owe you a breakfast on your next visit
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband, 11 year old daughter and I stayed at The Inn at Castle Rock for 2 nights over Labor Day weekend. Our room was the Pioneer, it was Coca-Cola Themed with a double bed and a twin in a separate small bedroom. It was cozy and comfortable and clean and quiet. There is no TV or Phone and no daily maid service, but they have wi-fi. The inn backs up to a hill, so there are climbing trails up to covered sitting areas. We were there after they received alot of rain, so it was overgrown and there were mosquitoes. The front has a full balcony on two floors filled with chairs and benches for all guests to sit on. Our room did not have direct access to the balcony, but it was just a short walk down the hall to reach it. It was delightful sitting in the evenings talking to other guests and watching people walk by. They have a kitchen that is open to guests with dishes, toaster, and coffee in the morning. You can leave what you'd like in their refrigerator. Walking distance to town, we never used the car once we checked in. There is a restaurant, but we didn't eat there, went to the Screaming Banshee just down the street (see my review) and the yummy chocolate shop just around the bend. They have fabulous hot chocolate floats! It is supposed to be haunted, but we were next door to the room in question and did not notice anything, much to my daughter's disappointment. Not fancy, remember, it's over 100 years old!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dme3
Thanks for your feed back . I am glad to hear you had a good tome at the Inn and experienced its history . Hope to see you soon
New River, Arizona
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Enjoyed a weekend staying at the Inn at Castle Rock. The room was rustic, and very clean. Relaxed on the balcony, overlooking the pedestrians walking on the sidewalks in front of Castle Rock. I can not say enough about the staff, they were nice, courteous, and very laid back, which made for a very relaxing stay. I would highly recommend the cafe,overlooking the natural spring. The service and food were both excellent. If you are into staying in a historical hotel in Bisbee, you should put this on your list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the feed back . If you wave to the tourist from the patio you can get your photo taken a lot . Glad to hear you had a great time in Bisbee and at The Inn at Castle Rock
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great people, fabulous food, quaint ambience, interesting well in dining room, no ghosts in my room. Got to try to know it rocks!! Great festive occasions celebrated, with a picture that is portrayed by a light on the Rock. You can feel the hsitory of the place. There is a picao for those that want to jam it up.

Room Tip: King Richard or the Victorian.