“Tongue in Cheek Adventure”
Review of Shady Dell RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Shady Dell RV Park
Reviewed June 21, 2005

It is not in a pretty location. It's down the hill from Bisbee which is a fantastic hippee town. Management is very relaxed and consists of one nice guy. Dot's restaurant wasn't open so we went up to Bisbee. However, the trailers are really fun and romantic. It's an experience worth having. We couldn't find the guy when we were ready to leave (6am), so we left the payment in the trailer. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 18, 2005

We loved our stay here, in spite of a few shortcomings. The trailers are lovingly restored (which is an expensive undertaking) and decorated with great period items, from dishes, to reading materials, to music, to videos to watch on vintage TVs. Clean linens, towels, nothing to complain about in that department. But the web images of the place must be done in a powerful version of Photoshop that adjusts for ambiance, scale, and location. The setting is actually quite cramped and shabby-looking, near a major hwy interchange, school and cemetery with absolutely no charm about it. The management style can only be described as good-willed hippie neglect. We had to hunt down someone when our door jammed and again when we wished to check out and PAY. It's kind of a "like it or lump it" place, but if you like old trailers, you will not be disappointed. We esp loved the Dean Martin music that was playing when we opened up our Spartanette. We loved cooking dinner in our little kitchen and listening to 45s!

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank LuckyWest
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 18, 2005

If you have fond feelings for the 50's and remember the black and white Admiral tv, making coffee in a percolator and Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez' "Long,Long Trailer", then the Shady Dell will be fun for you! My wife and I stayed 6 nights total, two in each of three different 50's trailers and enjoyed all three. The web site -------- has great pictures and descriptions. This was a perfect place for a one week "spring break" We enjoyed Bisbee, and up the road in Tombstone, the famous place where the Earps met the Clantons at the OK corral.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2005

My wife and I have been married 24 years. She has always wanted to go on a cruise, so tongue in cheek we booked the Yacht at The Shady Dell. It was a great idea. The couple running it were super. Dot,s Diner is a must. Great experience as well as huge helpings of fantastic food. Visited with other guests and we were all showing each other the various accommadations. We only stayed one night but plan to go back and try the other units. It is a perfect get-a-way from Tucson. The real cruise is next year for our 25th.

2  Thank poodlepie
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2005

There is no place cooler than the Shady Dell. This place is remarkable. If you haven't been, you need to go. We found it clean and everyone very friendly. Dot's Diner was great. It is just like stepping back in time.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2005

We eagerly anticipated our stay at the SHADY DELL. The "manager" had us pay up front before seeing our "Mansion" that we paid 95.00 for. When we got into the trailer and sat on the sofa, the smell of VOMIT was so strong, it nauseated us to be on it. I found the owner/manager and told him there was a strong smell of VOMIT on the sofa, he said "that's because someone vomited on it!!!" I said could he change the sofa out, as he had been doing such that day, in fact took a comfortable one out of the Airfloat that was not ready for occupancy yet, and put it in HIS mobile home!! He made no offer to make this right, no offer to refund our payment. We left the next day disgusted. I emailed him, and asked for a refund, and he will not reply to the request. I intend to notify the better business bureau of this unprofessional behaviour, and tell all my friends about our experience.
I most certainly do NOT recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2005
22  Thank looking4spring04
Reviewed January 21, 2005

What a great place! On a road trip from Savannah to Los Angeles this was our chosen stop over for the night. So picture three very tired British guys turning up at Shady Dell's around 7pm. We had heard about this place through a wonderful guide book called Road Trip USA. And it sounded so cool. Within 20 mins the owner Ed, had us staying in a tour bus with a distinct 'Tiki' Hawaian theme. The bus had been originally used by a well known baseball team from the 40's (don't know much about baseball but it was so cool)
The guys went to bed early that night, jeeeez I was the one driving early in the morning!! lol But I was happy, sitting outside under the desert sky with a very cute black and white cat from the park, on my lap... taking in the fantastic atmosphere of Shady Dell. It really is a wonderful place that has stayed and will continue to stay in my mind. Only being there one night, I left on the drive to Tuscon wanting more. So I decided there and then to revisit the gorgeous town of Bisbee and the magical Shady Dell RV Park. I have an Elvis wedding to plan in Las Vegas and honeymoon to plan spent on a romantic beached yaught in the Arizona Desert. Magical... GO!

• Stayed: October 2004