“Back to the 50's!”
Review of Shady Dell RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Shady Dell RV Park
A TripAdvisor Member
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 18, 2005

If you have fond feelings for the 50's and remember the black and white Admiral tv, making coffee in a percolator and Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez' "Long,Long Trailer", then the Shady Dell will be fun for you! My wife and I stayed 6 nights total, two in each of three different 50's trailers and enjoyed all three. The web site -------- has great pictures and descriptions. This was a perfect place for a one week "spring break" We enjoyed Bisbee, and up the road in Tombstone, the famous place where the Earps met the Clantons at the OK corral.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 9, 2005

My wife and I have been married 24 years. She has always wanted to go on a cruise, so tongue in cheek we booked the Yacht at The Shady Dell. It was a great idea. The couple running it were super. Dot,s Diner is a must. Great experience as well as huge helpings of fantastic food. Visited with other guests and we were all showing each other the various accommadations. We only stayed one night but plan to go back and try the other units. It is a perfect get-a-way from Tucson. The real cruise is next year for our 25th.

2  Thank poodlepie
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2005

There is no place cooler than the Shady Dell. This place is remarkable. If you haven't been, you need to go. We found it clean and everyone very friendly. Dot's Diner was great. It is just like stepping back in time.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2005

We eagerly anticipated our stay at the SHADY DELL. The "manager" had us pay up front before seeing our "Mansion" that we paid 95.00 for. When we got into the trailer and sat on the sofa, the smell of VOMIT was so strong, it nauseated us to be on it. I found the owner/manager and told him there was a strong smell of VOMIT on the sofa, he said "that's because someone vomited on it!!!" I said could he change the sofa out, as he had been doing such that day, in fact took a comfortable one out of the Airfloat that was not ready for occupancy yet, and put it in HIS mobile home!! He made no offer to make this right, no offer to refund our payment. We left the next day disgusted. I emailed him, and asked for a refund, and he will not reply to the request. I intend to notify the better business bureau of this unprofessional behaviour, and tell all my friends about our experience.
I most certainly do NOT recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2005
22  Thank looking4spring04
Reviewed January 21, 2005

What a great place! On a road trip from Savannah to Los Angeles this was our chosen stop over for the night. So picture three very tired British guys turning up at Shady Dell's around 7pm. We had heard about this place through a wonderful guide book called Road Trip USA. And it sounded so cool. Within 20 mins the owner Ed, had us staying in a tour bus with a distinct 'Tiki' Hawaian theme. The bus had been originally used by a well known baseball team from the 40's (don't know much about baseball but it was so cool)
The guys went to bed early that night, jeeeez I was the one driving early in the morning!! lol But I was happy, sitting outside under the desert sky with a very cute black and white cat from the park, on my lap... taking in the fantastic atmosphere of Shady Dell. It really is a wonderful place that has stayed and will continue to stay in my mind. Only being there one night, I left on the drive to Tuscon wanting more. So I decided there and then to revisit the gorgeous town of Bisbee and the magical Shady Dell RV Park. I have an Elvis wedding to plan in Las Vegas and honeymoon to plan spent on a romantic beached yaught in the Arizona Desert. Magical... GO!

• Stayed: October 2004
15  Thank Filmchap
Reviewed August 7, 2003

One of the most interseting places I've ever visited. These trailer's will truly take you back in time. The detail put into them makes for a great time, the radio and TV only play oldies, every drawer has a treaser, old books, magazines, games, etc. The town is aslo beutiful and great for antiquing.

9  Thank jkurtz2016
Reviewed April 20, 2003

The Shady Dell was so much fun! I stayed there in February in the El Rey and it felt like I was living in the 1950's! The RV was restored to look like it might have looked when it was first made, and they didn't leave out any details! Even the cups and dishes were from the 50's -- it was absolutely amazing. They even had old board games and playing cards, and tapes of old music to play on the reproduction radio. The bathrooms are clean and very close to all the RV's, so it is not an issue if you don't have a bathroom in your RV. The people that run the park are very friendly and hospitable, and do a great job keeping everything tidy and clean. I would recommend this place to anyone, it is much cooler than staying in a hotel, and a nice change from the monotony of jumping from hotel to hotel during your vacation. And it is right there in Bisbee, which is great for doing a little antique shopping or going on a tour of the mines. Oh, and they have a website too, that I found: ... Check it out!

21  Thank TriciaB113