All reviews copper queen historic hotel spirit room cafe restaurant roosevelt room french dip live music in the bar couple drinks second floor john wayne room ghost tour rooms are small claw tub in town mining history very nice place to stay ice machine
Reviewed May 6, 2017

This was yet another return to the Copper Queen - we had stayed there a number of times over the years. This time, to our chagrin, we found that the dining room had been closed for about two months and may not open soon. Overall, we love the old hotel but wish she would be given some loving care. For instance, there is some lovely old iron works at the front that needs many coats of paint removed and the original iron works tastefully restored. The lounge terrace tables and stools are a disgrace and the lounge has not seen an update in years. That wooden lattice woodwork hanging on the iron stanchions should go and those tacky string lights? Ugh. The old lady CQ doesn't need them. Find something more to her period. In summary, all our comments are intended as constructive in nature; we have been there and will return. Bisbee has no equal and the CQ is a must on any bucket list.

Room tip: For a unique experience pay extra $$$ and sleep in the John Wayne room.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spacer41
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is old west charming. You can't help but like it if you enjoy the history in this mining town. The staff are great and the bar is always busy. Bisbee is a great place to buy some local art, go on a tour, relax, or hike. The trip is not complete unless you spend a night at the Copper Queen and maybe even go on a ghost tour.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MS737
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

We went here for a short weekend vacation. It was conveniently located in the heart of Old Bisbee. We took our 19 month old daughter and they were very kind with accommodating us. We had amazing hot water and great internet service on the 4th floor. It is a fun look back at what Bisbee was, with some modern conveniences thrown in.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank scottmI9566UC
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Comfy bed, loved the claw tub. Needs a little updating . Very clean and the restaurant was closed , disappointed as I heard great things about it. 4 locks on door, I found funny, NO ghosts visited us on the 4th floor.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shantel L
Reviewed April 12, 2017

My niece was up for a haunted experience so we stayed in Billy's room. Upon entering my sister placed her purse on the table and the alarm clock went off and turned off after a few seconds. We sat down to discuss what our touring plans would be and the drawer opened, my niece and I laughed but my sister was scared out of her wits. As for the room it needs updating, I would like to see period decor bright colors and the bathroom should be completely redone. Too be fair they are currently updating the restaurant downstairs and hopefully will follow suit with the rest of the hotel.
The location is great and if you love history it is worth the stay.
For the techies, the wifi is spotty so if you plan on doing any web surfing or working bring your own.
I like staying in more updated hotels but as a lover of history, I had no problem overlooking the sad decor and enjoying the local restaurants and museums.

Room tip: For people looking for a haunted experience make sure to ask for the 3 or 4th floors.
Date of stay: April 2017