All reviews copper queen historic hotel spirit room cafe restaurant roosevelt room french dip live music in the bar couple drinks second floor john wayne room ghost tour rooms are small claw tub in town mining history very nice place to stay ice machine
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We loved the history, location & service at this hotel! They could do with proper reading lights, and the rooms are small, but exude charm & are tastefully appointed. Particularly when we saw other Bisbee accommodations, we realized that almost certainly The Copper Queen is tops! Their diningroom is being remodeled at this time, but there are plenty of culinary possibilities within steps of the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda P
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here this last weekend, and I almost cancelled because of all the bad reviews written on here! I'm very glad I didn't! Evidently the management has changed and they are getting everything reorganized, including the bar! The restaurant is currently closed for dining, but no one wrote that it was actually being renovated! (Shame on them for being petty about it!)

So, we stayed in room 308. We went there for our 25th anniversary, and I am trying to work my way through the list of Arizona's haunted hotels! Our room was really clean. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to be in a hotel with generous towels! I had absolutely no complaints about our room, or our stay there whatsoever!

We did spend some time at the bar, they had live music on Saturday night. It was also clean, and the bartender was very helpful and friendly! The staff in general was extremely helpful and courteous. There are plenty of restaurants in Bisbee, so if you don't mind exploring a bit, until the dining room renovation is finished you will be pleased!

My biggest complaint is that I didn't see any ghosts, I had high hopes! We definitely had a pleasant stay that we will always remember as part of our 25th anniversary though!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenw865
Copperqueen, Manager at Copper Queen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

HI Jen, Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel we hope that you all visit again soon hopefully soon when our kitchen is done. : )

Thanks again
Copper Queen Staff and Management

Reviewed April 5, 2017

We had booked the Copper Queen looking forward to the "unmatched historic charm and elegance" described on the website, but we were quite disappointed with both the lack of charm and lack of service.

The swimming pool was unusable, due to thousands of dead insects floating on the surface and on the bottom. Even if it had been clean, there were no lounge chairs available, as pictured on the website. We sat at a table in the bar for 30 minutes in the afternoon without receiving any service. Music from the live band in the bar kept us awake in our room until 11 PM. Breakfast was coffee, a plastic-wrapped muffin, and an orange. No fresh-baked weekend cookies as described on the website. The restaurant was closed. No Kleenex or hair dryer in our room. (Normally, I would overlook this, but it just more in a string of disappointments.) No billing, because the computers were down. No sympathy whatsoever from the staff when we expressed our concerns--just hostile stares and minimal comments.

And finally, no compensation on our bill, and no response from the management when I expressed my concerns in a polite letter,

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank GuyserB
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Congratulations on the purchase of the hotel in the first of the 2017 year. I'm delighted you are remodeling the restaurant. But, voiding any food options in the saloon serves no purpose. I stayed in the 'annex' building, the store in the front was closed. Have you considered setting up a BBQ grill, simple burgers, salads, chips, and so forth? How many people walking by would stop? Your revenue would increase, your staff would be happy and your guest would have options.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank OntheRoadBigTrips_
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Lovely old hotel that is supposed to be haunted. Upon check in I asked "we aren't over the bar are we?" No was the answer, he lied. The bed was like a hammock, sagged horribly in the middle. That is the one thing you can't forgive, the paint could be peeling (and it was) and you wouldn't care. But if you get a bad mattress you will get a bad review. Breakfast was included... coffee and one of those overly moist packaged cake muffins that will never get hard. Room was over-priced especially when you add on 3 taxes and a fee for using a credit card plus the exchange rate to Canadian funds. Give this hotel a miss.

Date of stay: February 2017