“haunted hotel extravaganza”
Review of Copper Queen Hotel

Copper Queen Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Reviewed November 4, 2007

our stay at the copper queen was otherworldly, we got the last room available, room 306 a tiny closet of a room with only a full size bed, when we arrived to the room the door was wide open and there were two chocolate chip cookies on the night stand. all through the night there were strange white lights around the doors and the window, the sound of a player piano was heard until around 3 am. there were the sounds of doors slamming and drawers opening and closing all night.. also the ghosts of two of the resident hotel haunters made their presence felt in our room, the smell of a cigar and the smell of perfume surrounded us and the coup de gras, during the night , my wife and I were both nudged or pushed while we tried in vain to sleep. only after turning on the television to light up the room could we sleep. it was truely a frightening experiance.
A great visit for those who enjoy Haunted Arizona Hotels.
Enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 14xena

Reviewed October 28, 2007

The room we rented was listed as having 2 queen size beds, but they were full size although very comfortable. The room was clean and a decent size, but the street noise, passers by, not cars, was annoying when you are trying to sleep. The street noise did not die down until around 2 am and then it was very quiet. The shower did not work well, but I managed fine. The other downside is that there is no parking anywhere near the hotel, so it is a rigourous hike with your luggage.

It's an older hotel with a nice ambience, but the price was unreasonable for the services you get.

Im glad that I stayed there as it was convenient, because it's centrally located in old Bisbee and fun to stay in an old hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank AzTraveler1970
Reviewed October 26, 2007

First impressions of the hotel are excellent with an elevated central locaition amongst a lot of fine architecture.There are tables and hanging baskets on the small verandah,but the inside feels a cool refuge from the blazing sun.Remove your sunglasses,though ,as it is dark and you will trip on the stairs.The unfit will find a surprisingly fast elevator for its vintage.
My room was in the attic floor and quite small with only a minimal window and limited headroom in the corners,so that there was no proper wardrobe.A larger room would be preferable if both tall and careless.The bathroom needed a little attention.Previous guests had neglected to open the window,resultaing in condensation stains on the blind,which also was decorated with dead flies ,allowed in by the defective window screen.
The corridors and public spaces were well kept.The restauranrt was spacious and cool.Breakfast was excellent,but I was surprised at the small nunber of diners.Dinner had a good menu and service was efficient.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank YorkshireAviator
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I must confess that I was a little bit reluctant to make a re-servation at the Copper Queen Hotel because of a few negative reviews, however, I am glad that I proceeded to make the re- servation because my stay was ANYTHING but negative. I found
that the ambiance was exactly what my wife and I was in search of. We wanted to find a place that would be an ESCAPE from the PAID polite type of atmosphere that you get in a resort type of lodging.

Bisbee is a fun place to visit and I have had the pleasure of staying in Bisbee twice within the last three years. The first time I stayed at the Bisbee Grand Hotel which I felt was a great exper-
ience because the suites were lovely and the employees were fun to be around.

My wife and I like to experience different places so we chose the Copper Queen Hotel, again, despite the negative comments. We found the rooms to be quaint and charming. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We had one of our best meals that we can remember when we ate at their restaurant and the saloon was a good experience, too. The owner of the Copper Queen Hotel, last evening, July 24, 2007 took time out of her very busy evening to have a nice conversation with my wife and I when we dined out on their terrace over looking Old Bisbee..

I love traveling to small historic towns and staying in historic hotels. I compare the Copper Queen Hotel to one of my favorite places to stay and that is the Georagetown Hotel near Placerville, California. No, I don't expect my stay at these hotels to be absolutely perfect, but, what I do expect out of these hotels is to have my stay to take me back to a turn of the century atmos-
phere when life was something more than valet parking and bell boys with their hands extending out searching for tips just to open doors.

YES! My wife and I will, again, return to Bisbee and we will either stay at the Copper Queen Hotel or the Bisbee Grand Hotel be- cause both hotels are exciting and certainly represent what we are looking for when we take a trip from our normal busy life style in the big cities. We want to let our hair down and escape from the pressures of the corporate world and that is exactly why we travel to small towns like Bisbee, Arizona. I would recommend both hotels as a place to stay because either hotel has great charm and allows me to release the stress of living in the big cities and traveling and staying in hotels where the amenities may be more commercial, but, their atmospheres are cold and the employees are PAID polites.

Bill & Val Clippings

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank clippings
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We really enjoyed our one night stay. My boys are 7 & 5 years old and they want to come back again annually for Memorial Day weekend. We have found our new Tradition with lost of History. The Hotel was very comfortable, the staff very helpful and the food was good. The Hotel has a very nice size pool that is solar heated and it was nice to sit back and relax with a beer watching my kids having a great time. Thank you to everyone at the Copper Queen Hotel. Next time we will venture out and do some tours!!

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My 9 year old and I stayed at the Copper Queen, and enjoyed the stay.

Front Desk Staff: Although not very friendly, the man there was professional and answered my questions well. I've heard of parking issues, but he told me of a public parking lot just a few yards from the hotel, and had no problems there.

Hotel: Such charm and ambiance. Beautiful building, and was furnished nicely throughout all the floors. Had a very antique feeling about it. The carpet needs cleaning.

Room: We had the King Bed room, directly over the saloon which didn't bother either of us, although you could hear the live music if you listened for it. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable with nice linens. The air conditioner was quiet and digitally controlled the temp. Cable TV with lots of channels, and remote control worked fine.

Restaurant: Excellent! I love this restaurant. They start you off with a fancy schmancy complimentary appetizer which was wonderful, and the food was very good and plentiful. Kids menu was also alot of food, which is rare.

They offered a warning about the room being over the bar.
They had fresh homemade cookies in the room.
They gave you a comp'd breakfast in the restaurant, and it was for the full meal. Not just donuts, either, whatever you order, as long as its one entree. It said free coffee only, but they did not charge either of us for the orange juice.

I would stay again, but the price would make me try other well recommended hotels there.

Price: Its a little high priced for the size of the room,

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Leesters
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We just had one very chilly night in Bisbee. Someone in Sierra Vista heard we were going to Bisbee and recommended the Copper Queen. Our AAA guidebook gave it a good rating, we called and got a queen room for about $135. Fine room, comfy and pleasant. We had dinner in the hotel dining room...buffalo burgers that were great, the very best bread pudding either of us have ever had, and the next morning the coffee was so good we bought three bags from them and will continue ordering it by mail. All together, it was certainly one of the most pleasant evenings on our five-week road trip.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Bisbee Grand Hotel
#3 of 11 in Bisbee
Sierra Suites
Sierra Suites
#1 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Copper Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!