“Will always stay at the bisbee grand hotel”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Staff always friendly rooms are always clean the breakfast is the best out of all the hotels in bisbee talking real eggs bacon sausage ect. I recomend anyone who comes to bisbee to stay at the bisbee grand hotel you will feel at home Thank you for your hospitality:):):).

Joe and Dee

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I'm going on record saying that unless you speak to someone who has stayed in a renovated historical hotel, opt out! My family and I have stayed in two and for us, that was two too many. The Grand Hotel has many disappointments. First, in order to check in you much travel through a "not so pleasant saloon" and belly up to the bar to sign your receipt, then traips back out side to carry your luggage up a very long and steep flight of stairs, depending, of course, wihich room you choose. The entrance into the lodging part of the building was extremely unsecure as each patron was given 2 keys, 1 for their room, and one for the door leading into the building which was attached to the saloon. 90% of the times we exited the building, the main door was left unlocked allowing anyone off the street to come in. So far I've only talked about the good part of our stay. The overnight temperature was in the low 30's. There was no heat control in the room and all of us nearly froze to death. However that was okay, because the music from the saloon was so loud we would not have been able to sleep anway. Not only the music but the guests in the saloon were having a wonderful time and we were able to hear every laugh. We were happy they were having such a great time but not at our expense; $150.00 for the sleepless night. The next morning, we were served a breakfast that two of us didn't bother eating. We voiced our complaints to 3 different staff and they assured us it would be reported to the Manager and he/she would probably contact us. One week later and we have not heard a word.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank singerSunCityWesr_AZ
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

These people were referred to us by a competative B & B because they had to close down due to a rupture in a water pipe caused by a 75 year FREEZE that Bisbee had suffered. We advised the customers that the only available suite was located above the saloon and they would hear noises from the saloon. Because most of the places of lodging had similar problems with their pipes the captioned family chose to stay with us.

We would NEVER apologize for any guests checking in at the saloon because, doing so, captures the ambiance of staying at an old HISTORIC place of lodging. In addition, most guests love to intermingle with the people of Bisbee and doing so is part of the fun in visiting our historice town.

We do not have "paid polites" like resorts do, but, anytime a guest desires to have his/her luggage taken upstairs we are more thn happy to do so without holding out a hand looking for tips.

We do issue to our guests a keys to the hotel's front door as well as to their room. We try to keep the front door locked, unless, an eployee is working upstairs, such as, serving breakfast. No wonder the captioned guest had a poor experience with us if all they did was count the % of time the front door was unlocked.

My wife, Valerie and I have stayed in the Oriental Suite many times and have NEVER had trouble sleeping due to noises downstairs. Probabily because we are romantically involved in each other, so much , that the saloon noise is like background music.

We really do NOT believe the captioned guests had a bad breakfast because we take pride in preparing a quality breakfast to all of our guests. We have just TWO employees who are in the hotel throughout the morning, therefore, the captioned guests could NOT have complained to three different employees. In fact, I was upstainrs telling GHOST stories to other guests at breakfast and I did NOT observe any dissatisfied guests nor did any employee tell me of a DISSATISFIED guest both on that date nor afterwards when I questioned my staff.

In conclusion, I am sorry that the captioned guests had a poor experience staying at our romantic and charming Hotel/B & B; however, I have always maintaned that our hotel is not for everybody. If a person is looking for a RESORT atmosphere they should stay away from Bisbee. If a person is looking for the experience of staying in a UNIQUE and CHARMING turn of the century atmosphere, then, the Bisbee Grand Hotel best captures that ambience. JUST an additional note.... We have other unique themed rooms/suites that do NOT receive noises from the saloon. For all of potential guests reading the captioned complaint, please do NOT allow this person's questionable complaint prevent you from staying at our fine hotel which, in itself, will ENHANCE your entire visit to Bisbee.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I have been visiting Bisbee at least once a month for almost 20 years. There are few places around "OLD BISBEE" (which is where you want to be) that I have not stayed. The Grand is always my first choice. The suites and rooms are just as I prefer, vintage but clean and well maintained. If you are looking for The Ritz or even a Marriott, don't go to Bisbee at all, it's just not that kind of town. If you are looking for a very unique experience, and wish to take in the "turn of the century" ambiance that is old Bisbee, you just can't go wrong with The Grand. BTW, the attached saloon is also one of the best in town!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I highly recommend this hotel! My husband and I stay here every time we visit Bisbee and love to stay in the variety of rooms available. Each room is decorated with a different flare providing a new experience with each stay, all of which add something fun & special to your visit. The suites are surprisingly large, the beds are comfy, and the rooms are clean. They look even better in person than in the photos. The staff is very helpful and friendly and always responds quickly to our requests. Breakfast is great! It is not your typical continental spread; they go above and beyond, providing fresh fruit and, my favorite, eggs and bacon as well as other tasty treats. Also, there is a cute saloon with good atmosphere where you can get some home-style food and a couple of drinks after exploring the town and before crawling into bed. It is so charming and in a great location, so if you going to Bisbee, you should definitely check it out.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Bisbee is a unique spot and a charming place to visit. I was looking forward to our stay at the Bisbee Grand as I am a fan of boutique hotels.
The Bisbee Grand might be one of those special spots if it were at least cleaned and painted. We stayed in one of the suites and the curtains in the bathroom had visible layers of dust and probably hadn't been washed in years, the walls and doors haven't seen a coat of paint in quite awhile, and the bathroom sink wasn't cleaned very well...which made me think that none of the surfaces were very clean. The mattress had long ago passed its time.
Although the physical facility is in serious need of attention, the rooms were quite large and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DSCSundance
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

My Hotel manager, cleaning supervisor, and wife wife examined the suite, in question, and found that this review was grossly unfair and a misrepresentation of the QUAIITY of the rooms/suites that we proudly offer our guests. There was one small paint chip on the wall in the bathroom where a painting had recently been removed. The certains were taken down and shook without any dust what so ever coming from them. Unfortunately, these guests were more interested in complaining to TripAdvisor about their disapproval of our hotel without the courtesy of talking to our staff. My wife and I (owners) do extensive travels about the United States and we can find "problems" with any place of lodging if we place more value on complaining than we do on ENJOYING life. Also, we find that a few customers desire a "resort" atmosphere unstead of a turn- of- the- century ambiance. We take pride in offering UNIQUE and charming rooms/suites to our guests. Thank you for giving our hotel a chance because your trip to Bisbee will be most certainly ENHANCED with your stay at the BGH.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand Hotel only for one night, but would highly recommend it. We stayed in the hotel's best room, the Victorian. It was beautifully decorated in period style, with such a comfortable bed! Normally, I do not sleep all that well in a hotel, but I sunk into this bed with velvet curtains, and slept so well and felt so great the next day, I couldn't have asked for more. The breakfast was also good, and everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is right on the main street and an easy walk to all of the Bisbee stores and restaurants.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Me and my fiancee decided we needed a mini vacation just for a night, we did a lot of searching online for hotels in the "wild west" areas and The Bisbee Grand was our first choice. As soon as we walked into the saloon located at street level, we received an immediate welcome from the bartender and even the locals. I have never met any locals who were as polite and informative as the people there. The bartender especially! (Kenny) Our whole night went very smoothly and found ourselves in the saloon for longer than we had planned. But it was such a fun environment!

The hotel itself as you can see in the pictures is just beautiful. If you love the Victorian/vintage style, then you will LOVE this place. Yes the hotel is creaky and you can tell its old. But thats what brings the feeling you get in the place to life. My fiancee is a professional musician and has been to hotels all over the country. He prefers this one over any! You're within walking distance to see all the old buildings, inns, museums, library... etc. The views there are really breathtaking. Anyways this sums it all up I hope, And we will definitely be going to Bisbee again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desert_Sky510
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!