“A Grand Time Had By Us”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Grand Time Had By Us”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand on January 1st and 2nd for a brief post-holiday breather. My wife and I have been going to Bisbee for years, but this was our first time staying at the Grand. This is a small, century-old hotel with an adjoining saloon. There is a Victorian atmosphere, and it is very clean. Most of the rooms are located above the saloon. We had a regular room with a queen bed which was very comfortable. There is a small tv in the room and free wireless. As with any century old hotel, you may find a quirk or two, which we think lends it charm. For example, we had an antique doorknob on our bathroom door that kept falling off when we pulled on it too hard. You get free hot breakfast in the morning. It was very good. There was a little something for everybody - eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, granola, juice and plenty of hot tea or coffee. The staff was great. They were friendly and helpful. The saloon has a great old timey atmosphere. We enjoyed swapping ghost stories with folks from Canada, England and with other Zonies. As with any hotel that has rooms located above a saloon, you can expect some noise. It wasn't horrible. Overall we had a "grand" time, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Scottsdale
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have always loved Bisbee, but my stay at the Bisbee Grand made me love that town even more. Carl, the manager along with the owner went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are like stepping back in time in a good way. You get the quaint Victorian charm of the past with all of the comforts of today. They even serve you breakfast in the morning (its included in the price of the room) and it is delicious. They serve something new every day. The first day they had scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt and pastries and the second day French toast and link sausage and all was excellent. It’s also convenient to many shops and good restaurants. And they have a bar right downstairs that is a part of the hotel. And to top it off… from the bartenders to the hotel owners, they are all so friendly and helpful. I left my scarf there and the owner mailed it to me within 3 days! If you want to really get the true feel of Bisbee and its friendly locals, this is the place to stay. I can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Unlike many of the bed and breakfasts in Bisbee, the majority of the rooms here have bathrooms in th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Benson, Arizona
Reviewed December 26, 2012

my girlfriend and decided to go to Bisbee for x-mas eve.The last time I came to bisbee I went to the Bisbee Grand to stay and loved every thing about it so i knew it whould be perfect for her. when she got to the room she feel in love with the victorin stlye rooms.In the morning the breakfest was great and housekeeper was the best. I will be back and will probaly stay in the Old Western Suite. Thanx again two the Bisbee staff

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank randy m
Moorpark,Ca
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We tumbled into Old Bisbee late on a Sunday,with no plans or reservations. The staff of this Hotel were the best. Carl ,Terri etc. The rooms were nicely decorated reflecting the era of the Town. The full breakfast was great and again the staff made you feel as though you lived there We will definately be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin B
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I travel to Bisbee for business often and have stayed in several lovely hotels but none provided the wonderful experience I had with The Bisbee Grand. I had the pleasure of staying in the "Old Western Suite" with the covered wagon serving as my sleeping quarters. It was the best night sleep I have ever had!

From the friendly and helpful staff to the cleanliness and true west character of the building every moment of my stay went above and beyond expectation. An added bonus was the full breakfast where I was joined with the other travelers on the balcony overlooking main street where we became friendly and shared stories. I actually forgot that I was there on business for a moment.

Thank you to the Bisbee Grand and please note that you will be receiving all my business stays in the future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely as we all shared a quick look after breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Helen N
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have made numerous buisness trips to Bisbee staying at different hotels and B & B's. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I stayed at the Bisbee Grand Hotel and enjoyed my stay better than any other place I have stayed in Bisbee. The room I stayed in was absolutley clean and the staff and service were beyond comparison. The breakfast was also excellent. I will return to the Bisbee Grand Hotel upon future visits to Bisbee.

Carl M

Room Tip: Terri a staff member took the time to show me several of the suites and I felt they were unique. Unf...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl M
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in the Hollywood/Cowboy Suite for 5 nights over Thanksgiving. Bed was fine, Room could have been cleaner. Rather dusty. Nice decor. Two issues that I think are a product of the age of the hotel. 1) The hot/cold water in the shower changed temps drastically during your shower. Could be a safety issue. 2) The walls are paper thin. Noise from adjoining rooms. Be sure to take a set of ear plugs for uninterrupted sleep.
The employees are very accommodating and nice. The location is the best point. The hotel is right in the middle of town on the main street. You can walk to everything.

Room Tip: Get one of the suites away from the bar. The individual rooms are upstairs and can be close to the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!