“Excellent staff and very nice place to stay.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Benson
Irving, Texas
“Excellent staff and very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here one night during the week. I had checked online and was pleasantly surprised when the rate I received from the front desk was 15% cheaper! The room was very clean, nice mattresses, great pillows, the only issue was the sheets. They had pilling on them, and seemed worn. The breakfast the next morning was the usual fare, and as others have stated, the service was exceptional. I even commented that the main reason we stayed here was the great reviews the service had received. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JenM201108
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank your positive review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the bedding. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I spent one night in this hotel and both of us commented that it looked new. The room was tastefully decorated with Western decor....the bathroom was modern with a counter top that looked like granite. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. In the dining room the next morning, the hostess was constantly replenishing the food and cleaning the serving tables and equipment. I asked the front desk clerk if the hotel was new and she smiled and said, "it's 16 years old". I told her it appeared to be new and she replied that they have a great staff who work hard to take care of it. If you are in the area, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank S C
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your your recent stay at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Webster, NY
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and myself stopped for 2 nights to see Kartchner Caverns and do a little rock hounding in the area.
We reserved early through Hotels.com, and we thought the hotel was a good value. It had a nice appearance inside and out and the staff were all helpful and friendly. It is in a convenient location 10 minutes down the road from the State Park, and just a few minutes drive to the Benson business area. The room was fairly roomy and the king bed was very comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor, but that wasn't a problem since there is an elevator to use when hauling luggage, and an open stairway to use when you just want to make a quick trip up or down.
Breakfast was good and featured the usual things- waffles, danishes, eggs, yogurt, cereal, etc. The only issue I had was with the WiFi. One night it was good, and one night it was so slow I couldn't do much on line.
Overall, we would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Trave1er
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and so fat it was good. Breakfast was very good. We used to stay here when it was still Holiday Inn Express ,then changed to Desert Rose , now called Comfort Inn. So far it didn't changed that much just the management. It is still good. Employees were nice and asked us if needed anything . Don't mind coming back here to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marilyn P
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy that you are finding your experience with our hotel has not change over the years.
Ottawa
Reviewed January 4, 2014

For me there is no other choice when I travel to Benson to visit my Dad who retired here for the past 20 years ! The hotel used to be called the Desert Rose Inn but the change to a chain based hotel hasn't changed the warm comfortable atmosphere and the staff are super polite ( south-western style ) !
The hotel is located close enough to local attractions such as Kartchner Caverns, the artsy town of Bisbee, and the cowboy town of Tombstone. The scenic drive thru southern Arizona to these attractions is awe inspiring .....the vastness and beauty is half he fun !

Room Tip: Pick the 2nd floor looking south towards mountains .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank No_beach_whale
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank your feedback regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn, Benson. We hope to see you again.
Emmett, Idaho, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very clean, reasonable rates, good breakfast, friendly staff. We stayed there over the Thanksgiving Holiday visiting with our grandson and wife. Couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Had a great time sightseeing. Tombstone was okay, very commercialize. Went wine tasting which was a lot of fun. Saw the old town of Bisbee which is a must see! Just a great trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken S
Dean P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon
Smithville, Texas

Benson, Arizona 85602

Dear Mr. Penrose,

Re: 11/25/2013, Room # 234

Good morning!!!!

My "back" story is: I was in the hotel business for 30 years of which 25 was as General Manager for brands from Holiday Inn to Wyndham with a stop or two along the way managing a Courtyard by Marriott and a Radisson.

Enough about me.

I would be remiss if I did not share my thoughts on our brief one night stay. You, the management team and ownership are to be commended. I found the entire property well kept and extremely clean. As a guy who renovated almost every hotel I managed I must also say that last upgrade was done tastefully.

The young lady on the desk the at 6:30AM on the 26th as well as the female associate that maintained the breakfast room were quite friendly and did a super job exceeding our expectations.

As a regular who shares my feedback on Tripadvisor.com you can look forward to me adding my thoughts to whatever already exists on file for your operation.

Please take a moment and share my feedback with corporate and ownership so they can see that your combined efforts are not going unnoticed.

Have a Happy Holiday Season and prosperous New Year.

Regards,

Bill R. - CHA
Smithville, Texas 78957

Room Tip: If our room was run of house you will have no problem getting a great room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BillR2010
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#2 of 5 in Benson
Days Inn Benson
Days Inn Benson
#3 of 5 in Benson

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!