“Very Accomodating Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Benson
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The people at this hotel were excellent. Every thing was tip top. Would stay again without a doubt. Better to stay here when traveling on the Interstate 10 out of Tucson.
Checked out before breakfast. So could not partake.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
David C, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2015

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pool water was nice and warm, very clean rooms, excellent breakfast, great staff, near Tombstone, AZ. I world recomend this location for anyone wanting to near Tombstone and the east side of Tucson. Lots of things to do. Don't forget the Horse Shoe Cafe in town. If you are hauling horses, Mike Robertson Auctioneer/author/cowboy has a lay over place for on the road horses just down the road less then a half mile.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BAlexandra54, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thaks for the review. Glad you had an oppurtunity to enjoy the pool. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the initial phone call to make the reservation to their taking my "check out" by phone when I forgot to stop by the desk as we headed to Tombstone I was treated as a valued customer. When we arrived back from dinner I received a call from the front desk inquiring if everything in the room was OK ... a rare occurrence these days. We happened to hit the breakfast room at a very busy time and the breakfast worker worked very hard to stay on top of the rapidly disappearing bacon and egg supply while insuring that all other items remained stocked. The hotel was clean, neat, our room was well equipped, the pool and grounds looked well maintained. Quail Hollow is definitely the best place in Benson to spend a nite or two.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker and not traveling with a pet, ask for one of the rooms in the back single st...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BAlexandra54, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

It is great to hear that my staff was provided good customer service from Start to Finish. We appreciate you staying with us. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on April 4, 2013. This hotel has some outstanding pros along with some cons.

Pros: 1. The staff are extremely courteous and go out of their way to be so. They all have a smile on their face and deserve the highest praise.

2. The breakfast is wonderful ! I stay in approximately thirty motels per year and I have never had a better tasting hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs , sausage, and bacon were restaurant quality. In fact, the meal I had here in the morning was twice as good as the one I had at Denny's the night before.

3.The furnishings in the room were updated and the room was spotless except for the carpet.

4. The outside of the motel is attractive and well-kept.

Cons:1. The carpet was very dirty and is really overdue to be cleaned or even replaced. You could see an obvious path from the front door to the bathroom and it was gross to walk on in bare feet.

2. The bed was literally as hard as a rock and is probably the most uncomfortable motel bed I've ever tried to sleep in- and I've slept in a lot. I managed about four hours sleep tossing and turning trying to find some comfort but by 3:00 a.m. both my husband's and my backs, shoulders, and necks were hurting so badly sleep was impossible and we remained awake the rest of the night.

3. I did read some reviews which mentioned freeway noise but I also read other reviews that said the motel was very quiet. I summed up the complaints as overly nit-picky and decided to put my faith with the "quiet" reviews. Our room was about 75 feet from the freeway and the noise is downright HORRIFIC!. We turned on both the air conditioner as well as the bathroom fan but it did nothing to drown out the noise. I don't expect any motel to be completely quiet and I don't need complete quiet to sleep but the noise level is beyond bad. If I wasn't already experiencing a painful, sleepless night from the mattress I would have still been kept awake from the freeway noise; it really was that bad.

4. As I mentioned previously, I stay in about 30 motels/hotels a year in all different price ranges and I do feel that the rates were a little high. We paid around $90 and I've stayed in many comparable rooms in the $65.00- $75.00 dollar range.

There are many things that I liked about this motel and I do realize the management has no control over the freeway noise,(although the mattresses are a different matter.) Had I been able to get a decent night's sleep I would stay here again. If you like an extra hard mattress (some people do) and you are a person who really can sleep through anything than I do recommend this motel and I think you will be pleased with it. If you need a mattress with at least some give as well as some semblance of relative quiet than you will probably be much better off choosing another place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the review, I appreciate the pro/con approach. I will make sure we do a better job on the carpets. We clean all carpets every 60 days and then when needed. We obviously dropped the ball on the "As Needed", for that I apologize. As you pointed out, some people like our mattresses and others don't. As they are less than a few years old we will not be replacing them this year I don't believe. When we do, I will suggest another type. I do understand the traffic noise, some days it is worse than others depending on the amount of traffic (Trucks).

Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for two nights. We used Benson as a base for exploring Southeastern Arizona. The hotel was right off Interstate 10. The service was very good and the room very clean. My wife & I have eaten at many Best Westerns & the breakfast was the standard fare. I suspect the Best Western is one of the better hotels in the area & would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was on the north side & we could hear steady heavy traffic almost all the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you staying with us. I do like to think we are one of the best properties in the area. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent the night on route to Bisbee. Reasonable rate, courteous staff, rooms were clean. Pool and hot tub area attractive. Breakfast was good, eggs yogurt and toast, could have some more fresh fruit. There is an outside sitting area outside the rooms, nice patio furniture. Great place to enjoy the morning sun.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review> Hope you enjoyed Bisbee, a very unique place. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family stayed here during a long vacation, we drove from AL to CA and back, visiting several tourist attractions. We stayed a total of 18 night in several different hotels. This was our favorite breakfast. The staff was really friendly. Did I mention the breakfast? well, it deserves to be mentioned again, I am a chef and their gravy was really good, it would make any southern woman proud. Good Job Benson!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BAlexandra54, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast.

Bill Alexandra

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
Comfort Inn
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
Days Inn Benson
Days Inn Benson
#3 of 5 in Benson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!