“Friendly eatery”
Review of Bat Cave Cafe

Bat Cave Cafe
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Benson
Cuisines: American
Description: This is the restaurant in the Kartchner Caverns Discovery Center. You can eat at this cafe without paying to see the caverns.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Friendly eatery”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Okay, granted this was the only place to eat while visiting Kartchner Caverns that wasn't 12 miles down the road in the other direction. I had about 45 minutes between tours at the caverns so I wanted a quick, but healthy bite to eat.

I ordered a turkey sandwich with Provolone cheese and the sides were carrots and celery. Love that! It was fresh, hand made when I ordered it and delivered quickly with a smile to my lovely table outside on the patio with an excellent view of the surrounding mountains. The Prickly Pear Lemonade was yummy and not to sweet.

I had to try the homemade pie and wow, the staff was right! I tried the Strawberry/Rhubard and it was huge slice with two very large scoops of ice cream and whipped cream. It was wonderful. I understand the pies are made by a local resident and...wow. You need to try it.

The Bat Cave Café is tiny inside with only little counter seating, but ample outside seating under the covered patio. The café and the patio area are kept very clean.

• Visited March 2014

Northridge, CA
“Surprisingly Enjoyable!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

While my wife and I were at Kartchner Caverns we got hungry. Being a captive audience made me nervous, but when your stomach growls you listen. We had lunch, the food was surprisingly good, the prices were very fair, and the employees were very friendly and professional. The Prickly Pear Lemonade is a definite must try! Between tours we also had the pies. Good size pieces for the price. The ice cream was a great addition to the pies.
Definitely will eat there again when I return to the Caverns.

• Visited January 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Nice stop after cave tour”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

There aren't a ton of options here, but you can find a quick bite to eat. We stopped here on our way to Tucson after a tour of the caves. Both my friend and I had wraps which were delicious. Mine was a strawberry, chicken spinach wrap with a balsamic dressing. It also came with some celery and carrot sticks. Price wasn't too bad either. It was quick, easy, and good, just what we needed.

• Visited January 2013
Whetstone, Az.
“Healthy eats.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Variety of sandwich and salad creations as well as snacks and drinks.. Designer desserts not expected in a small cafe.. Indoor and outdoor eating.. Try the prickly pear cactus lemonade.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Batcaveranger
Hawaii
“Nice little fast food place”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Cute little cafe offers reasonably priced coffee and other drinks. The prickly pear lemonade is quite good. Friendly staff. Nice place to stop after the cavern tour.

Visited April 2013

Been to Bat Cave Cafe? Share your experiences!