“Comfortable and good food”

Pablos Steaks & More
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Benson
Cuisines: American
Snowflake, AZ
“Comfortable and good food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently ate here 2 nights in a row. We had just moved to Benson in early September 2013. I am Gluten Free and advised our waiter on our first visit. He was very helpful in helping me with ordering from the menu and making sure I ordered nothing with wheat or flour. I ordered the Carne Asada tacos with rice. I enjoyed every bite of it. I didn't get sick (as I so often do while eating out) The second night we brought the "Movers" to have dinner after they unloaded the Uhaul trucks. Almost everyone had a burger - Pablo Burgers were a big hit - and the two who ordered the Chorizo burgers we re very very happy too. I ordered a steak off the special menu and it was pretty good. I did get sick the second night I ate here, but I think it was cross contamination (Maybe the chef used the same spatula on my food as he did for something with gluten in it?) I dont hold it against the chef, as I know he was very careful the night before. But I digress, the food was fresh made, tasy and reasonably priced. Decor inside is a bit more like you would find in a bar, but it was cozy with southwest decor on dark colored walls. The employees were extremely nice and efficient. We will definitely go back. They have a fish taco (with grilled Hoki fish) that I want to try next. I will review again when we go for breakfast here.

• Visited September 2013

Benson, AZ
“Good food and great prices”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

my daughter and I went there for 18th birthday celebration. She had the hamburger with fries, and I had a BLT with pineapple – yam side. Both plates were done quickly, well presented, and very tasty. The hamburger was a fresh Patty and cooked just right. The BLT had lots of bacon that was very crispy. The smashed pineapple – yam side had just a hint of pineapple to sweeten the yam, and is definitely a dish I will try to replicate at home. The bill was about $22 without tip.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent margaritas”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for margaritas and they were delicious and $2 off because it was happy hour. The menu was extensive and prices looked reasonable but we didn't eat.....

Visited September 2013
“Pleasant Reprieve”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant & clean, with very tasty "ordinary faire" & friendly, quick service. I had the green chilli burger served with a nice ripe tomatoe slice, crispy lettuce, pickle & jack cheese. Meat was very good grad. Husband enjoyed his BLT.

• Visited August 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were looking for a good place for breakfast and saw many cars parked in front so we stopped. From the outside the restaurant looks like a bar, but the sign says breakfast lunch and dinner. Inside it is done in dark colors, like a bar, but plenty of restaurant seating. We were greeted immediately and the service was excellent all through the meal.
The real surprise was the menu. The variety was terrific especially the build-your-own breakfast bowl that allows you to have a mostly vegetarian meal if you prefer. My husband had one of the breakfast skillets and I had the breakfast bowl, both of which were delicious. The salsa is home made and very good.
Even the presentation was a surprise on lovely modern white china! We will definitely go back and bring friends next time.

• Visited August 2013