“A must visit!”

Mi Casa Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Benson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This tiny little unassuming restaurant in Benson was recommended to us by the staff at the nearby Amerind Foundation Museum. Without that recommendation, this looks from the outside the type of little place that we might have passed by. But, don't do that! The food is very fresh and innovative, extremely well-prepared and nicely presented. Our server was the husband/owner whose wife is the chef. So very nice and personable - could not do enough for us. Try the Pinata Salad with an incredible raspberry chipotle dressing - outstanding! And the "Legendary Carrot Cake's" name is well-deserved. Huge piece was enough for 4 of us to share. A real gem in little Benson that I would consider worth the drive from my home in Tucson.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you live in or around Benson, Az or are just passing through, DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT. Truth be known Mi Casa has been in town for a year and a half and this was the first time we ate there. Just another place serving Mexican food. NOT!!!! The salsa they bring out was probably the best I have ever had. The prices are actually a steal for the amount of food on your plate. I had the Mix and Match pick three: Chile Relleno, Steak Enchilada (red) and a Steak Burrito. The Relleno had a sweetness followed by just the right amount of bite. The Enchilada was stuffed with steak (first time for me having steak in an Enchilada) and the red sauce had the perfect amount of spices. The Steak Burrito was again stuffed with perfectly grilled/seasoned steak. My wife was equally pleased with her selection which she will cover in her review. We were stuffed but we ordered a Flan, and it was perfect. As good as it was we were informed that the Carrot Cake is even better. Our next visit, and we will be going back, we will give it a try.

1  Thank Victor A
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A very small restaurant you might "drive by". Don't. The service is terrific, everything is made fresh and the salsa is a special recipe unlike any you've had before. Worth the visit.

1  Thank Roxanne W
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Amazing Mexican food at this quaint and immaculate little restaurant in Benson, AZ. The colorful but modest little building set back on 4th Street (next to the Rock Shop) is unassuming and gives no clue to the gourmet Mexican food to be found inside. We pass through Benson on our way home from Tucson and actually prefer eating dinner here rather than in Tucson! That says something for the quality and uniqueness that the chef, creating from her own family recipes, offers. My favorites are Enchiladas Bandera and Chimichanga Baja, so much so that I haven't tried anything else! I hear the Carrot Cake is to die for but have not been able to eat dessert after the wonderful main course. Must try that soon. The only downside is that they are not open on Saturday or Sunday but if you are in Benson on a weekday, don't pass this one by!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

South of Tucson in Benson...well worth the drive. The presentation of the food is appealing and the taste is excellent! The chips are handmade. Their carrot cake is mouth watering! I will definitely be going back again. The service is friendly. They do have limited seating so my suggestion is to go early!

1  Thank Barbara Z