“Best place after Kartchner Caverns”
Review of Mi Casa Restaurant

Mi Casa Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Benson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After touring Kartchner Caverns, we went here for lunch. A bit of a wait, but it was worth it. They have an extensive vegan/vegetarian menu, and fabulous salsas, guacamole, and sauces. The servers were also very nice, and brought us sodas while we waited outside for a table. The only thing that would make it better would be beer! Try a burrito enchilada style with their green sauce, which was extraordinary.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We selected to go to this restaurant based on reviews and were not disappointed. The inside are nice and clean, and the service is excellent.
We had one fajita skillet and one special which was a chimi with chicken. Jr had chicken nuggets. All three were satisfied with the food but the skillet was the best choice.
Including drinks the bill was usd 33, which seems a bargain. Would happily go again if we pass that way.
My only regret is that we don't have a Mexican restaurant that comes this where I live.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Do NOT let the appearance of this tiny venue keep you away... or the fact that it is a little hard to find. Look for the Rock Shop, it is behind that. The exterior is bright yellow, easy enough. You park a ways out and walk through a chain link fence gate, past a tetherball court (how cool is that, shades of Napoleon Dynamite), into this quaint, tiny restaurant full of charm. It is very clean, nicely decorated and very welcoming.

The service is beyond expectation. I believe the husband/owner was our server and he was perfect. Attentive, but not in your face, I always appreciate that. We went late afternoon/early evening and had no wait, but the crowd came in right behind us. So be prepared for the wait, play some tetherball and know that you are in for a treat when your time comes to be seated.

The food is way, way beyond average. This is not your usual Mexican restaurant fare served in American restaurants. It is fresh, imaginative and delicious. I think the salsa is a green tomatillo... correct me if I am wrong, but once again, very fresh and tasty. I took some home. I had the shrimp taco appetizer - plenty of food for a meal. The shrimp were grilled, the toppings crisp. My husband had his usual chimichanga, they served it half red, half green which was a good way to try both sauces. I wasn't too crazy about the beans and rice, but who cares, everything else was so over the top.

Save enough room for that carrot cake! It is a huge slice, plenty for two people. I wanted to get back and try the flan, but they were closed on the weekend and we were leaving on Sunday. Too bad, but this is definitely on our agenda for the next trip through. Don't miss this one, it was one of the crown jewels in our travel crown this winter.

1  Thank TravelJunkie59
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a fabulous meal at Mi Casa. From appetizer to dessert it was a splendid offering. Authentic, gourmet Mexican food! Our friends who brought us had the flan for dessert and said it was wonderful. With a little venture capital, Mi Casa could become the P.F. Changs of Mexican food. Go out of way to come to Benson and Mi Casa.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Once we found we were hesitant to go in but many cars parked out in front. Servers were very friendly and food was very good. We decided to split carrot cake because of other reviews. It was the best ever. Place was very quaint and clean.

1  Thank Richard L