“Back in Time”
Review of Sahara Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benson
Sahara Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Benson B&B and Inns
Prescott, Arizona
“Back in Time”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I have been past the Sahara Motel many times on trips through southern Arizona so I decided to try it. I was on a motorcycle and travelling solo. I spoke with Ms. Nancy and was told I would be expected. My room was small, clean and very adequate, even including a small kitchenette. It is a place that caters to repeat clientele of mostly retirees from up in the northern tier of the United States. Everyone was friendly and it reminded me of the motor courts I stayed in while growing up in northern Nevada and eastern Idaho. The place was built in about 1951 or so. I enjoyed the atmosphere and it is a great value with no frills. The only downside were the folks next door to me. They were a young family of a male, female and a very noisy brat. But, given the incredibly abusive language I heard the male direct at the female in the presence of the child, I can't blame the kid for being just what he was. Was a time, such language in the presence of women and children was not tolerated and their were physical consequences. Young folks today deserve what they get I guess. I would definitely recommend this place to any traveller and will certainly be going back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Stormrider45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed February 18, 2011

When we arrived at the Sahara Motel in the evening without a reservation, the owner was friendly and accommodating. She even chatted with us a bit the next morning about the history of the town, and gave us some recommendations for breakfast (the country club dining room down the road was excellent and surprisingly cheap!)

The motel itself is very charming. Every room has a screen door outside the main one, a small feature that makes the place feel like home. The bed, room, and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. We even had a full-size fridge and a microwave in our room, and apparently some of the rooms have full kitchenettes.

Just south of Benson's main street on the way to or from Tombstone, it's in an excellent location. It was very quiet through our entire stay. The Sahara is also much more affordable than the other motels in town, and is a great value considering the quality of the place. We've already recommended it to friends who will be traveling in the area next year.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AndrewCapp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Benson
Motel 6 Benson
Motel 6 Benson
#4 of 5 in Benson

Been to Sahara Motel? Share your experiences!