“HUGE breakfast”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Tucson, Arizona
“HUGE breakfast”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

While driving west on Hwy 80, we decided to stop in Benson for breakfast. As luck would have it, we went to Palatianos. I got the greek omelet. It had lots and lots of feta cheese, melted in with the eggs, fresh spinach and olives. I had a choice of breakfast potatoes, done one of 3 different ways, and they must have given me 3 potatoes worth. That serving too was extremely large. The potatoes were done to perfection, crispy on the outside, soft and hot on the inside. The biscuit that came with the meal was pretty dry, but I didn't have room in my tummy anyway! We had a lovely server and she kept hot (average) coffee coming. I can't wait to go back again. With a 20% tip, my bill came to only $11.00 and it was worth every penny.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank service197

Benson, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waste of our hard earned money”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Today history was made and not the kind you should be proud of, We chose this restaurant after hearing great things from other locals and found don't always believe what you hear. Now here was our history making dinner date that we saved for. We was seated and brought a drink without delay kudos to her, Next our order was taken for an appetizer (assorted fried items plate) and the main course (Philly steak sub) which is where all hell broke loose, our waitress returned about twenty minutes later with my wife's Philly steak and I received nothing!! hmm our appetizer comes to mind, hers had the wrong cheese, and mushrooms she asked to not have, 10 minutes later mine comes out looking like a dried up burnt mess, the cheese is cold and not melted and where is the fries that come with it, coming shortly I'm told. I was told my steak sub (looked) burnt because it's cooked with mushrooms, OK I have never had a proper steak bomb then? as I watched my wife eat, out came the apps and I have had enough! Should have just opened the door and threw my $30 in and walked away. Bad day? maybe, but not going back to find out. The chefs should be thrilled with there performance today. Love U Sweety it's the thought that counts.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MizBub
Whetstone, AZ
“Great when open”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Been closed for a few months but they have a well diverse menu and everything is wonderful. Waiting for them to reopen

Visited March 2012
Benson, Arizona, United States
“Great food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food here is always great, the service is also very good. Nice salad bar for a small restaurant and very very generous servings. Palatianos is a real comfort food place with some surprising specialties. The ONLY problem sometimes they are closed out of the blue. You arrive there to a locked door. Darned shame because the owner is a nice guy and he serves some great food.

• Visited May 2012
Benson, AZ
“Great variety and food, very reasonable prices.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This family restaurant has a large menu and the cooking is delicious. Friendly staff and quick service. Very reasonable prices. Portion sizes are huge!

Visited May 2012