“Mixed Bag at this Motel 6”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Bellemont

Days Inn Bellemont
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellemont
Vail, Arizona, Usa
“Mixed Bag at this Motel 6”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Pros: Clean, good beds (although a little firm for me), good value for the money. The room via Kayak was only $56 on a major event weekend (NAU graduation in Flagstaff, AZ).

Cons: Very small rooms, train noise, night person at desk was unconcerned about my problem, hung up on me.

Around 8pm I called the front desk to report that the air conditioner would not work. When I called, the front desk hung up on me and put the phone system on hold so that when I called back it rang busy. After trying several times to call back, I finally got dressed and walked to the front desk. No one was there so I had to ring the counter bell several times. Finally a male arrived from the back who acted like he did not want to be bothered but eventually apologized for accidentally dropping the phone and putting the system on hold. What? Anyway, when I repeated that the ac would not come back on he suggested that I just wait until the weather cools down or open the window. I informed him that I had tried that but the screen had a sizable hole in it that would let bugs in plus I considered it a security concern because I was on the first floor. He then offered to move me to a different room which I agreed. After repacking everything and moving to a new room I discovered that the new room’s ac did the same thing. It comes on for a while but goes off and would not come back on no matter how high I set it.

The bottom line is that this Motel 6 has some sort of limit on their ac units or I was just unlucky again to get a second room with a faulty ac. So I spent the night in a stuffy hotel room and did not sleep very well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second or third floor so that you can open the window if necessary (assuming no holes i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was driving cross country from San Diego to Washington DC and this was my first stop. Motel 6 Bellemont is right off of the I-40 and there was a McDonald's and a truck stop within walking distance from the hotel. I arrived very late and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and we talked for a bit while he registered me in. The check-in process was smooth and he informed that there had been some flooding and many of the rooms were open to be aired out. He of course booked me in a dry room.

When I entered the room I was pleasantly surprised to see a clean, great looking, and very modern room with a flat screen 32" LCD TV and free wifi. I was exhausted so I went right to bed. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of comfy pillows. I am a firm sleeper and I believe this bed was more on the firm side. I had no issues sleeping and there was no outside noise I could hear.

In the morning, I showered and had everything I needed (soap, shampoo, lotion, towels, etc.). I checked out at the desk because I was collecting all of my receipts the and the morning clerk informed me that the night clerk had overcharged me by $5 for the room and left a not because he did not want to disturb me. The credit was seen on my bank statement within a few days and all I ended up paying was $38.74 for a nights stay and this was actually the nicest and least expensive hotel I stayed in on my 3 1/2 day trip.

If I happened to be visiting the area for a long or short visit, I would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend this place. It is really the only one I remember staying in out of the 4-5 on my trip and that is because it was a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Enrique C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in to stay here on our way to the Grand Canyon after seeing that most places in Flagstaff and Williams were sold out for the night. So glad we did. The proprietor and family were so kind and helpful, taking time with each person checking in to provide friendly and hospitable service. They even leant me a spare hairdryer (the rooms don't have one). The room (a recently refurbished queen room) was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient for dinner in Flagstaff and a fairly easy morning drive into the Grand Canyon. Train noise didn't wake us up at all, which surprised me, but the tracks are on the other side of the 40 - I didn't even need my earplugs! There is a gas station and fast food just outside, for those wanting to stay in and eat Subway for dinner. Overall great, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
Reno, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Red haired Manager is mean and nasty! She doesnt want anyone to stay and enjoy.their visit!! She put young kids above our rooms and it was a miserable nites sleep! The two young gals that clean and help run the front desk are awesome,fantastic workers and are THE BEST experience staying there at Bellemonte Motel 6!

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Bellemont hotels

Essen, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was at the Motel 6 in Bellemont, AZ, USA, just for a night. But the room was very cold, the heater did not work very well and the bathroom was a bit filthy. The front desk lady was nice but the manager of the hotel did not want to accept traveller checks. This is inconvenience as well especially so nearby of one of the most international known tourist sights of the U. S. - the Grand Canyon National Park!

All in all the Motel 6 in Bellemont is not pretty worth to stay there!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
West Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in this motel while visiting the Grand Canyon as part of a loop through National Parks in Utah and northern Arizona.

This motel had NO hair dryers, basic amenities such as shampoo, nor Kleenex. The coffee was such that one could clearly see the bottom of a 16 oz. cup. The internet service NEVER worked while we were there. When notified of these problems, the response from the manager was "We don't have to provide these." When I requested a spare roll of toilet paper for our room, I had to provide the room number!

We have stayed in ETAP, IBIS, and Motel 6 properties many times. We have also stayed in pensions as well as Hyatt hotels, Marriott resorts, and other 4-star properties. We have NEVER met with such a lack of basic amenities nor with such a miserly, nasty, defensive attitude on the part of management as we experienced at this motel. No, she doesn't have to provide them. But if she wants people to respond positively to her property, she ought to provide them. She is "penny-wise and pound foolish" as the saying used to go.

In contrast, our previous night’s stay was at a former Comfort Inn in Blanding, UT, at which the rooms were clean and well supplied with amenities (coffee maker in room, microwave and fridge, too), at which the internet service was fast and worked, at which the management went out of its way to make our stay enjoyable, and at which a hot breakfast was included in the price of the room – which was less than we paid for the room at this Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been travelling across the US for many weeks and this was by far the worst hotel. It was dirty, staff weren't very friendly and the security was terrible - the door didn't close properly, the bolt looked like it had been ripped off at some point, the windows were held closer with a wooden stick. Ok it was cheap but NOT WORTH IT! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Nottingham60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellemont
Days Inn Williams
#23 of 63 in Flagstaff
Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area

Been to Days Inn Bellemont? Share your experiences!