“Hostile environment”
Review of Days Inn Bellemont

Days Inn Bellemont
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellemont
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in this motel while visiting the Grand Canyon as part of a loop through National Parks in Utah and northern Arizona.

This motel had NO hair dryers, basic amenities such as shampoo, nor Kleenex. The coffee was such that one could clearly see the bottom of a 16 oz. cup. The internet service NEVER worked while we were there. When notified of these problems, the response from the manager was "We don't have to provide these." When I requested a spare roll of toilet paper for our room, I had to provide the room number!

We have stayed in ETAP, IBIS, and Motel 6 properties many times. We have also stayed in pensions as well as Hyatt hotels, Marriott resorts, and other 4-star properties. We have NEVER met with such a lack of basic amenities nor with such a miserly, nasty, defensive attitude on the part of management as we experienced at this motel. No, she doesn't have to provide them. But if she wants people to respond positively to her property, she ought to provide them. She is "penny-wise and pound foolish" as the saying used to go.

In contrast, our previous night’s stay was at a former Comfort Inn in Blanding, UT, at which the rooms were clean and well supplied with amenities (coffee maker in room, microwave and fridge, too), at which the internet service was fast and worked, at which the management went out of its way to make our stay enjoyable, and at which a hot breakfast was included in the price of the room – which was less than we paid for the room at this Motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been travelling across the US for many weeks and this was by far the worst hotel. It was dirty, staff weren't very friendly and the security was terrible - the door didn't close properly, the bolt looked like it had been ripped off at some point, the windows were held closer with a wooden stick. Ok it was cheap but NOT WORTH IT! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Nottingham60
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Don't stay here! They have a bad infestation of bedbugs. My daughter got bit over 50 times!!! What was worse was that they really didn't care. No apology, no refund. Unbelievable! When we demanded a refund we were told that the manager would call us. So far, no call. We did report it to the health department. This place is gross!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura S
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I booked a stay here for 2 nights in July 2012 based on location and price. However, we were so displeased with the accommodations that it will undoubtedly be the last time we stay here!

We called ahead to inquire about the availabillity of hairdryers and wi-fi. We were told that both would be available to us upon check-in, but they were not. My husband went back to the office later and got them on his second request. We were provided a DSL cable so we could use the internet, but the server was down most of the time anyway.

Our room was on the ground floor and we couldn't draw the old worn curtains because of some missing hooks, so I used a safety pin to hold them closed. The room smelled old, musty, and dusty upon entering. The carpet was very dirty and had a bleached-out spot. There were scratches and chips in the paint, and the color choices were harsh. There were 2 beds. The mattresses were thin, and the pillows even thinner. The sheets were yellowed from improper laundering, and there were burn-holes in the blanket even though this was a non-smoking room. The wood furniture was very battered, and there were hand prints all over the headboard. The lighting was very dim, as there were only 2 CFL bulbs to light the room and one was burned out. I didn't request a replacement bulb, as I noticed the socket was dangling from the fixture.

There was a mini refrigerator that looked 50 years old, but it worked very well. We couldn't get the mini microwave to work at all. There was an older model TV with remote, and it worked fine. There was no liner for the cracked plastic ice bucket.

There were 2 chairs in the room, although there was barely space for them. They looked as though they would be rather comfy, if we dared sit on them, but the upholstery was disgusting with filth and stains, so we did not use them.

The tiny bathroom had a copious amount of dirty build-up on the baseboards. The plastic sink had cracks, and the tub was in poor condition. The toilet seat slipped around on the porcelain, and we were provided with only 2/3 of a roll of tissue; no back-ups, and not even kleenex. There was no trash can in the bathroom; only one in the bedroom. There was a dispenser with soap and lotion on the wall next to the sink. Another dispenser in the shower contained shower gel and shampoo. The bathroom linens were gray-ish, rather than white, making me doubt that bleach was used as a laundry disinfectant. We didn't receive fresh towels or any sort of housekeeping service at all during our stay.

On top of it all, a train track near the hotel made for very interrupted sleep. And the walls were so thin, we heard every conversation of passers by our room, as well as the middle-of-the-night pacing in the room above us.

The whole place was just awful, and made us feel unclean. We spent very little time there, except to sleep, so we dealt with the disgusting conditions as best we could. But would never do it again when there are so many other/better choices in the vicinity for a comparable rate.

Room Tip: There is an obvious lack of cleaning and maintenance at America's Best Value Inn Flagstaff, whic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CGGlobeTrekkers
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The website states that every room contains AV connections to allow video games, but the televisions can't switch inputs to utilize the AV connections. My reservation was made based on the ability to allow my children access to video games. After checking in, I discovered that the AV connectors wouldn't work and checked out. Despite only being in the room for 5 minutes, the motel charged a 15 dollar "cleaning fee".

The real problems began when I checked out of the motel. Rather than refund my debit card, they charged it a second time. Upon realizing their mistake, they refunded my card for the total amount (minus the 15 dollar "cleaning fee" of course). While this should have concluded my business with the motel, it has been 2 1/2 weeks, and the refund still hasn't reached my bank. I called the motel, and the extremely rude person that I spoke with stated that it wasn't their problem and I needed to talk to my bank.

Needless to say, my experience with this particular Motel 6 was the low point on an otherwise enjoyable family trip to the Grand Canyon.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Wow super modern clean has guest laundry . Room has no carpet it has solid floors great idea!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here after breaking down about 2 miles down the road in the freezing 17 degrees pitch dark night.
A motorist gave us a ride to the motel and the man at the desk was so friendly! He gave us our room key quickly and upon entering the room I was a little disappointing in the fact that the flooring was not carpet but was glad to see the room was tidy, had nice bedding and even had a flat screen.
It also had free wifi.

The bathroom was very clean and so nice.
Aside from the flooring being wood/tile I have no complaints about this hotel.
It was honestly an oasis for me when we were freezing and tired!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellemont
Ski Lift Lodge
Travelodge Flagstaff
Travelodge Flagstaff
#25 of 66 in Flagstaff
Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66

Been to Days Inn Bellemont? Share your experiences!