“Dream Fishing Trip Doesn't Disappoint!!”
Review of Icy Bay Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yakutat
Icy Bay Lodge
Chicago, Illinois
“Dream Fishing Trip Doesn't Disappoint!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If your looking to fullfill a life long dream of fishing in Alaska, Icy Bay Lodge is the place to go. I was there this past September in the heart of the Silver Salmon run. Because of the unsually warm fall this year, the run was supposed to be slow. I wouldn't have known that unless I read it, because the fantastic guides at Icy Bay put us on the fish every day! We had one day were the surf didn't cooperate with us landing on the beach of that days planned hot spot, but the crew quickly swung into action with Plan "B". We headed out to the bay to give Halibut fishing a try so that the whole day of fishing wasn't lost. See that Halibut season was a couple of weeks past it's expiration, the crew wasn't sure how we would fair, but their knowledge of the local waters paid off again. As you can see in the picture, Plan B produced a monsterous 50" 120# Halibut! The lodge itself is as comfortable as it can be in the secluded wilderness. Comfortable couches, satellite big screen tv, wireless internet, snacks, and a warm fire were always waiting for us on our daily return from fishing. The cabins where very clean, well built, and free from insects. I've called this the Fishing Trip of a lifetime, but have to take that title back, because I will surely be back to Icy Bay Lodge!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dmcn12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Got the opportunity to go to Icy Bay Lodge this year with my father. As I've grown up we have had tons of chances to do fun and exciting things. I have to say that this trip takes the cake!!!! We were greeted by some of the nices people I have had the priviledge to meet and absolutely everything was taken care of for us. The lodging was great, getting our own cabin, great food by a world class cook, and the location can't be beat. Look at the pictures then know that they can not do it justice! The location and scenery are just breath taking. I couldn't see going anywhere else for a true, in the wild, Alaska fly fishing trip!
THIS IS A MUST GO LOCATION IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING A TRIP TO ALASKA!

Room Tip: All the cabins are set up the same and are pretty amazing for a lodge 60+ miles from the nearest per...