All reviewsat homeplace to stayfull kitchenbed and breakfastcommon areasmaking suresoutheast alaskain townthought of everythingthemed bedroomsowners liveentire downstairslower floorstunning scenerylarge living roomexplore the islandlaundry facilities
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

This was a beautiful place to stay for a few days. The host provided a unique historical tour of the BnB that was really interesting for my coworkers and I. The beds were comfy and the kitchen was awesome to have. It was a great stay.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Everything about the Grand View was incredible. The location was stellar- just far enough out of town to have some space & the beach to ourselves, but it was still an easy walk into town: two miles on a flat, well-lit bike path, or you could choose to walk through City Park and wind through one of the harbors. The views are unbelievable and the atmosphere very relaxing. You can't beat the car rental price at Grand View anywhere- it was fun to have a car to explore the island. I also appreciated having a full kitchen available to us. Leslie was a gracious and accommodating host who made our business trip so easy and pleasant. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The Moose Room has the best view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I came down to visit my ailing Grandmother and had the trip of a lifetime. Leslie made us feel right at home and even accommodated my toddler. Her heartfelt stories of family and life experiences were comforting considering the circumstances surrounding our visit. The weather was nothing short of perfection while we were there and the views didn't disappoint. Leslie's delicious breakfasts helped us start each day off with a full stomach, ready to explore the island. Wrangell is a beautiful island, surrounded by rocky beaches, ocean and wildlife. I loved watching the Bald Eagles on the pilings out in the water in front of Grand View! The hospitality you find everywhere you go in Wrangell is something you won't find anywhere else. I'm pretty sure I've decided where I want to retire when the time comes! I plan to come back again and bring along my husband to take part in the charters that Leslie and her husband offer. Choose Grand View, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The Moose Room offers the ocean views, the Bear room provides 2 beds and great privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Grand View for 4 days, it is on the water with great views. Leslie and Allan are great hosts, she picked us up from the airport and gave us tour of the town on the way to her place. They live upstairs and the B and B downstairs has a full kitchen, a library of Alaskan books, a coin operated laundry and a wonderful living area with comfortable chairs and a great view to the garden and sea beyond. It is slightly out of town but we walked there quite happily as well as often getting rides. She does also have a car which may be available to use (another guest had it while we were there). If you want to experience a welcoming, friendly slice of Alaska this is the place to stay.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank TealMS
Reviewed September 6, 2016

After 5 days of viewing the Brown Bears at Katmai forest we flew to Wrangell to view the Black bears at Anan creek during the 1st week of July 2016. We stayed at the Grand View Bed & Breakfast owned & operated by Leslie & her husband. Leslie picked us up at the airport. We were at the Moose room. Leslie is an Art & Craft enthusiast & her home is well decorated by her creations both outside & inside. It is a fabulous home. More than just a B&B. The living room & Bed rooms were large, very pleasing & comfortable. The linens, toiletries etc., were more than you would expect for a B&B place. The place is clean very quiet & tranquil. Leslie cooked & served a big, full sumptuous breakfast w/ a fantastic recipe. She was very pleasant, accommodating & entertaining w/ good sense of humor. Fantastic view of the Bay & surrounding islands from your bed room & the living room not mention from the outside too where you can take a leisurely walk along the beach. It's a very restful place. We highly recommend this place....Ernie & Hai of Kennewick, WA

Room Tip: Front rooms & higher floor have the best view
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends