“Beautiful Wrangell...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrangell
Grand View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Wrangell B&B and Inns
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Beautiful Wrangell...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

You can't get better Alaskan scenery than here! The enormous picture windows and great room layout could keep anyone sitting in a recliner for hours, staring out onto the ocean, waiting for whales to appear. It is breathtaking. The Grand View was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. I highly recommend the Moose Room and its ocean view. My hubby and I would come back in a heart beat, but only if we could go fishing with Allan and Leslie. They could keep us from feeling some "smuggler's blues" at times. Thank you for your humor and hospitality!!!

Room Tip: Reserve the "Moose Room" for the best view in the world!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sitka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a lovely place with a welcoming hostess. Proprietor Leslie goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and to meet your schedule and preferences. My room was clean and comfortable with plenty of privacy and access to shared kitchen and dining room. The great room at Grandview has exactly that - a grand view of the channel and the mountains as well as the small sand and cobble beach right outside the door.

Breakfast of fresh fruit and sour dough pancakes was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mollie K
Port Ludlow, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I just flew back to Seattle today after a week in Alaska. My first stop was Wrangell. The Dealer I was visiting insisted that I stay at the Grand View and I am so thankful she did! From the minute I pulled into the driveway to the morning I pulled out, Leslie and Allan, the Owners, made me feel so welcome, almost like Family! Their home is beautiful, the views are truly "Grand", I only wish I'd been able to stay longer and enjoy the lovely beach, maybe next trip! I stayed in the "Moose Room", which was decorated wonderfully, had my own breathtaking view, comfy warm bed and personal bathroom. Slept like a baby.......peaceful, serene and nature at it's best. I have stayed at three other places in Wrangell the past two years and Grand View is the BEST, by far!!! I highly recommend it without reservation! Leslie and Allan are wonderful Hosts, choose Grand View and it is a decision you will never regret, you will love it!!!

Room Tip: The Moose Room has an amazing view, private bathroom, super comfy bed!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patti H
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We arrived by ferry in late August, and stayed at the Grand View B&B. Leslie and Allan were wonderful hosts at their lovely place. It is a dedicated B&B with terrific rooms with baths, very clean and wonderfully decorated. The central family room is large, and has very comfy lounge chairs, a sofa, and a beautiful view. Leslie cooks full breakfasts, and is a delight to be around. We felt right at home, and made new friends. Comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Moose Room overlooks the water, and is large.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amblinagain
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Family of six boated to Wrangle for vacation and Stikine River trip. The boys and I stayed on the boat, but my daughter and granddaughter stayed in Moose Room for two nights. They loved it and could hardly wait to give me a tour of room and grounds! Gorgeous view, quiet, peaceful beauty of Wrangle beach and water. Eagles overhead, manicured lawn, and lovely flowers all around. Absolutely immaculate! We highly recommend this lovely B&B.

Room Tip: Moose room view is breathtaking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GPSwatcher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for five nights during our vacation to Alaska, had a fantastic time and were sad to leave! Our hostess, Leslie made us feel welcome and very comfortable. This bed and breakfast is literally right on the beach and we enjoyed beach combing and even had a bonfire one evening. The main common room features many comfy recliners from which to enjoy the gorgeous views of the channel, wildlife (we saw seals and bald eagles) and mountains. The breakfasts were fantastic (think fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, french toast, sourdough pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice, fresh coffee, just to name a few)! Leslie also saw to the small details such as ample hangers in the closet, drawer space and locally made hand soaps to use in the bathroom. We were very appreciative of the comfortable and clean beds and bedding and our attractive room with a decorative Alaska feel. The only down side is that its about a two mile walk to town and hiking trails so if you are bringing children, transportation is a must or you can use the local taxi service. As another possible option, a local business and restaurant we frequented during our stay were kind enough to pick us up and drop us off several times. Just to give an example of how Leslie goes the extra mile, she dropped us off at the airport and must have gone back to the B & B and found a pair of pants I had forgotten because she drove all the way back to the airport and gave my pants to another passenger who in turn, gave them to me. We really enjoyed our time here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Drew15something
North Bend, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Traveled with my husband and young daughter to Wrangell for two days in July. Stayed at The Grand View B&B and couldn't have asked for a nicer place or nicer hostess. Leslie greeted us with a hug and made us feel very welcome, right at home. We stayed in the Bear Room. It was wonderfully decorated and impeccably clean, very comfortable.The entire home is just beautiful and has an outstanding view. Great, hot breakfast in the mornings and the sourdough pancakes were awesome! Really enjoyed visiting with Leslie too. You can tell she is passionate about what she does and is very good at it. A real pleasure to stay there and we look forward to staying there again next time we visit Wrangell!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WestCoastMom09

Been to Grand View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!