“Best B&B in SE Alaska!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrangell
Grand View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Wrangell B&B and Inns
Juneau, Alaska
“Best B&B in SE Alaska!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Fantastic waterfront home with outstanding ocean view and beach access. Clean, comfortable, and relaxing - the perfect home away from home. Great hostess, best hot breakfast with loads of fresh fruit = awesome stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer99801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've stayed at Grand View Bed and Breakfast twice now and plan to go back this month. I believe Leslie and Alan have the gift of hospitality... from the moment I first stepped into their bed and breakfast I felt welcomed, even a bit spoiled! (the heated floors helped with this too!) It was very apparent that they wanted me to truly enjoy my time there. The breakfasts are amazing, to say the least. The entire place is immaculately clean and I never once smelled smoke as one reviewer wrote. The common areas and one of the bedrooms have a GRAND view...as the name suggests! If you are looking for a place to stay in Wrangell look no more, call Leslie now!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrea J
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a very nice and well kept B&B with just an awesome view of Zimovia Straits and a lot of attention has been put to decor, however this is too PERSONAL!!! Leslie watches for infractions of her rules which we as guests were unaware of. Guests are led to believe that they can relax and enjoy the atmosphere but when they do there is trouble !! Some rule is being broken or the implication is that a rule WILL be broken. We are quiet,clean and considerate people but we were made to feel as if we were absolute clods and we didn't really appreciate this kind of behavior. Cannot recommend, especially to older or family people.

Room Tip: The "Moose Room" has a view but the other rooms do not.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Akgrandma
blush1981, Owner at Grand View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 6, 2016
I have decided to respond to this negative review.It has been several years and I have learned much during that time. I know better questions to ask prior to their arrival as well as better boundaries so nobody is surprised. I appreciate the honesty from Akgrandma regarding the nice view, it being "well kept" and attention to decor. I disagree that it is not user friendly however everyone is entitled to their opinion. I truly do try to provide comfort as well as friendly service. I am human though and I felt completely taken advantage of.This family stayed here over the Christmas holiday and it was said they would just be "sleeping here". That was not the case, at any given time there would be 5 to 12 people in the common ares besides the three that were actually staying here, in one room. I served the father breakfast (He was not a guest at GV) as a courtesy and agreed to let local family visit them here, that is part of the beauty of Grand View, the large Grand Room. I did not understand that it would be a large group visiting many hours daily and well, like aforementioned, I felt taken advantage of. In an effort to keep Grand View :nice" I do have certain "rules" I do not believe they are unreasonable as I expect people to remove their shoes etc. It was often awkward and uncomfortable with many visiting children (some toddlers) that were leaving toys. messes and fiddling with breakables. They were generally being children. I know better now and i encourage prospective guests to read other reviews to get a better idea of who I am and what we offer. Thank you, Leslie
Alsea, Oregon, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been coming to the Grandview B & B for the past 6 years and from the accommodations and the owner Leslie and Alan this is the most wonderful place to stay. They make you feel like you where in your own vacation home. The theme bedrooms that Leslie has done are wonderful and so very homey ... Every bedroom has a theme and my most favorite is the Moose room (just saying). The Grand room is the best, 4 recliners they turn so that you look out the HUGH window’s and can watch the bald eagles (so beautiful) you feel like you are in another world. Leslie and Alan live above the B & B and you would never know that they where are there, but they let you know that they are if you need anything they are just a shout away. Leslie is always available to recommend different things to do in Wrangell, and is very knowledgeable of the history of the town (and she known’s all the good fishing guides to). I so look forward to coming back every year?

Room Tip: All the rooms are AWESOME!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelley B
Las Vegas, New Mexico
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent a week and a half here and had unique experiences, never before had in my many trips around the world. It is clean downstairs where the three rooms are but upstairs where the owners live they smoke and the smell is apparent. One of the three rooms has a view of the water with a en suite bathroom, it shares a wall with the common area with the large screen TV on the other wall. Another room has two beds in it, also with an en suite bathroom and the last is a bit smaller with one bed and the bathroom across the hall that leads to both of the last two bedrooms. Those two bedrooms look out to the street and an old shed. I was going to be in town for close to a month so asked if I could stay in the room with the view and the ensuite. It was booked a few days here and there and Leslie initially said I could not because 'she did not want to clean my room'. We had a couple of discussions and she relented and said I could stay all but four days which was fine with me, I had a last minute reservation so stayed in the room facing the shed one night and the room with the view about a week. The common area has a TV and I was in there on a day off when I saw some birds that I wanted to photograph so went into my room to get my camera. Leslie came down and asked if I was watching, I said I was but had just left to film some interesting behavior some crows were exhibiting. I was scolded about having lights on and the tv on in the common area and in my room, scolded is put mildly. That evening I made sure that all the lights were off, unplugged the Christmas tree and the coffee pot which had been left on and the next morning was yelled at for turning things off...the worst time though was when I had been reminded that I had to move to the other room before I left for work at 7am. I happily moved my things, carried my clothes then my suit cases leaving the lights on in each of the bedrooms as I did so. Leslie came down and started screaming about leaving lights on in each room, saying I should turn them on and off as I walked out of the rooms.
I could hear screaming upstairs on several occasions and would go in my room and close the door, afraid of what come my way having had a dose of her wrath.
The location is about 2 miles from town so you really need a car unless you can take about half an hour to walk along the Zimovia highway to town. I don't mind walking myself.
For me, the smell of smoke and the yelling overrode the view...the Stikine Inn is also on the water with the same view, the Sourdough Lodge has a view from one side, the Zimovia B and B and Rooneys Roost B and B both look down at the water all are in town with a view. Over the years I have stayed at all of them and would recommend them depending on what you want. The Zimovia has a kitchenette. Rooneys has an amazing breakfast but you have to go out for any other meals, the Sourdough has great Alaska atmosphere and the Stikine is a more typical hotel.

Room Tip: There is only one room with a view, if you are going to stay make sure you ask for that one or you w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank drKimSchilling
blush1981, Owner at Grand View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am sorry if any guest has had a poor experience at Grand View. I don't believe that that is typical scenario, as other reviews suggest. Many of the statements in this review are fabricated. I am dedicated to customer service. I try my best to go above and beyond in assuring a grand experience at The Grand View bed & Breakfast. In a spirit of fairness and accuracy, I will say that this is a non-smoking facility. if there are smoking guests I do allow them to smoke outside however they are required to be mindful of the other guests. Yes there is only one room on the beach side however all three rooms are purposely designed to be comfortable accommodating and pleasant. Each Alaska themed rooms have received rave reviews. There are several common areas with spectacular vistas, including the large Grand Room, the main floor kitchen and dining area. I encourage you to check out the website and/or the pictures posted on Trip advisor by other guests.
München
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We loved our stay in the Grandview B&B:
The view is wonderful, the house really nice and the rooms are perfect and the host - Leslie - really is great: she is incredible helpful and friendly, cooked us wonderful breakfasts, and a great lunch for the bear tour to Anan creek -- Wrangell was one of the high lights of our Alaska trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nh9801
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Last year we stayed at the Grand View on an 3 month driving trip to and in Alaska and were totally impressed with the B&B and with Leslie. This summer we were back in Alaska with our granddaughter and stayed at the Grand View a second time. I am happy to report that the place is still a wonderful place to stay.

Leslie welcomed us as if we were old friends which I felt like when I walked into the B&B. She treated my granddaughter wonderfully with hot chocolate and marshmallows in the morning before breakfast. She bonded with my granddaughter is if she were part of the family and my granddaughter felt the love.

If you visit Wrangell and you should as it is a really neat place and you do not stay at the Grand View, you are making a major mistake. I stand by the comment I made after my visit last year that the Grand View has to be one of the best B&Bs in Alaska. The bear viewing at Anan was as good this year as it was last year and this year we got to see cubs that we did not see last year.

In 4 years, our younger granddaughter will go with us on a trip to Alaska and we plan to stay at Leslie's Grand View B&B again.

Th

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank donaldsc

Been to Grand View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!