“Best cruise I never took”

26 Glacier Cruise by Phillips Cruises and Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Whittier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phillips Cruises & Tours, LLC operates state-of-the-art catamarans to view the beauty of Prince William Sound's massive glaciers and curious wildlife in one day from Whittier, Alaska. Ask about our No Seasickness Guarantee. **The 26 Glacier Cruise is our most popular choice! A journey into Prince William Sound is unforgettable. Explore the serenity of Esther Passage, view majestic alpine and tidewater glaciers in College and Harriman Fjord while traveling in luxurious comfort aboard the Klondike Express, the fastest catamaran in Alaska. The Glacier Quest Cruise is a great choice for families with children! Cruise into magnificent Blackstone Bay, home to seven glaciers and Yosemite-scale waterfalls. Watch for playful sea otters, harbor seals, kittiwakes, bears, whales or mountain goats. Chugach Forest Service Rangers provide narration and every cruise includes a complimentary hot meal, reserved indoor seating, full-service bar with snacks for purchase, and clean modern restrooms.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I booked my Alaska Glacier cruise with Phillips Cruises and Tours many months before leaving for Alaska. Their service courtesy was excellent, and we both looked forward to the cruise. As it turned out, the day of the cruise was a disaster, with low cloud and rain all day. I called them to cancel, and they were very gracious, refunding the complete cost of the tour for two of us. Sadly, We had only that one day available, so never did take the cruise.
That same day, I also had to cancel a glacier airplane tour, and that firm did not refund a single penny of my complete advance payment. You can imagine the different impressions that were left with me.

4  Thank Lynne M
Lisa K, Director of Sales at 26 Glacier Cruise by Phillips Cruises and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.com. We hope that the next time you are in Alaska that we will have a sunny day so you can cruise with us to see the wildlife and glaciers. Take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I took the bus from downtown Anchorage, booked when I bought my cruise ticket, and the experience was wonderful overall. I was travelling alone and, although most of the other people on the cruise were in couples or groups, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. When I booked the cruise ticket, I requested a seat toward the center of the boat so that I wouldn't be awkwardly stuck at a table with a family of 5...and ME. The employees at Philips were lovely to work with, answered all my questions, and responded to my emails quickly. The cruise itself was beautiful, the Ranger on board knowledgeable and friendly, and the crew of the boat capable and accomodating. The food was good and I got some of the most amazing pictures I've ever taken. It was definitely the most expensive thing I did during my trip to Alaska, but it was well worth it.

1  Thank calipie
Lisa K, Director of Sales at 26 Glacier Cruise by Phillips Cruises and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.com about your cruise and coach experience with Phillips Cruises & Tours. We really appreciate your kind comments regarding our reservation staff and the crew of the boat. They do a great job sharing their knowledge of Alaska while providing terrific customer service. We'd love to see some of the photos you took if you have time to post them. Have a great day!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is my third trip with Phillips Cruises. I've always done the Glacier Quest Cruise with guests from out of town. Each time it's been a great experience. Prince William Sound is a great place to spend an afternoon, but Phillips always finds a way to make it special. I've kayaked the area that the Glacier Quest Cruise covers and this is the next best way to see it. Anyone visiting Alaska should visit western Prince William Sound. As far as cruises go, I believe the weather out of Whittier is consistently calmer than any other area I know of on the road system in Alaska. Dress for all types of weather and for cooler temps than you expect - winds coming off the glaciers are chilly. Definitely bring sunglasses (even cloudy days can bring glare). Bring your camera and GoPro/tablet to video glacier calvings. Highly recommend this tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.com and sharing some spectacular photos of Blackstone Bay. What a gorgeous day! Thank you for reminding our readers to dress warmly and bring their sunglasses. Blackstone Bay is such a beautiful area to explore on our Glacier Quest Cruise, and even more enjoyable when dressed appropriately in case the glacier is sending some chilly air towards the boat. Hope to see you on board again this summer - or if you are out kayaking in the Sound, wave as we go past on our way to the glaciers. Safe travels.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

A friend of my recommended this cruise that took it before we did. The guide or the gentleman that announces where we are throughout the trip was awesome as well as the crew. We happened to be near an active glacier that was caving and they let us stay to see it continue on for over 30 minutes. He was friendly, the staff was excellent. We would ask them questions and they would answer...like Where are you from or What do you do during your off season? I was with my Grandmother, Mother and my Daughter [4 generations] and everyone enjoyed themselves. My Daughter became a Ranger which was pretty awesome. Everyone on our ship was super attentive to the ceremony. I would recommend this to anyone, well worth the drive [we rented a SUV].

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.com and a fun photo too! I'm glad to hear that your family (4 generations) had a good time on the boat and hope you enjoyed the glaciers calving. Have a good day.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Well worth the time and money.
Beautiful! Learned a lot and was able to get some photos that otherwise would be unattainable. The staff was very friendly and informative.

Lisa K, Director of Sales at 26 Glacier Cruise by Phillips Cruises and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We would love to see some of the photos you were able to take while on our cruise. If you'd like to share them, please post them on TripAdvisor or our facebook page @26glaciers - Have a great day.