“June's Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whittier
June's Whittier Bed and Breakfast Condos
Ranked #1 of 2 Whittier B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a really great place to stay. I took my girlfriend to June's and the experience was so romantic, we decided while we were there that we were going to get married upon returning home. We did, and then just went back a few months ago for our honeymoon. This place really lets you enjoy the beauty Alaska has to offer. Don't go here expecting to do a lot of shopping and other stuff like that. This is a place where you can enjoy nature. June is just great, we absolutely loved her. Make sure to go whale watching and hiking, and enjoy the scenery. The glaciers are an amazing site.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex B

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've vacationed in Alaska a few times, but staying at June's provided the experience I always wanted. I went whale watching, deep sea fishing, hiking, kayaking. I did it all. June was so nice, I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jaba879
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had been planning to go to Alaska for years. We finally decided to make the trip, and decide on staying at Junes because it seemed to be exactly what we were looking for. It was secluded, just a small town and Junes, surrounded by the most beautiful scenery. My kids are both teenagers, one is 15, the other 17, and they both had a lot of fun. They were able to put their phones down for a minute and enjoy nature. This really is a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Tpl482
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The scenery at this place is amazing. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The staff was so nice, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip here. We went deep sea fishing, and I've never had so much fun. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cynthia526
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at June's and we couldn't have been happier with our experience there. June was so sweet and accommodating. The room we stayed in was cozy, and clean. Honestly, my husband and I kept commenting to each other how we felt like we were home while we were there. It was a very enjoyable time and we are already planning to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea how someone can give this 4 stars. I don't need anything fancy by any means and this was down right terrible. I was crying when we knew we HAD to stay there. Our room was at the top of an old tower. The building shook. It was an old woman's apartment. Sheets were dirty. Bath towels had green residue on them. Bath cups had an inch of lint. Soooo GroSS! Never mind the entire city lives in one building doormatory. When we arrived I felt like I was walking into a prison. The picture on the front if this review isn't even what you stay in. Breakfast was one old sesame bagel and a bottle of mustard in the fridge. There were pictures of piranhas on the wall. If I could have left, I would have. But since they close the tunnel out of the town- (if you call it a town) . You can NOT leave or even stay anywhere else. Please never STAY in whittier!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank Tellitlikeitistrue
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dirty. Filthy actually. Smelled like old stale perfume. We were in the Presidential Suite and were incredibly disappointed. The dirt and grime was everywhere. I opened a drawer in the bedroom dresser and it had hair and dirt rolling around in it. All the drawers were so filthy we didn't use any of them. We began our stay here by washing all the linens and blankets. We had to wash every plate, cup and utensil before using it. Gunk was hardened on the walls and furniture. Every cabinet handle was sticky. The sofa was ripped with stuffing hanging out. Several kitchen cabinets were broken and hanging open. The window sills and baseboards hadn't been wiped in ages. We kept all the windows open all the way and lit incense and sage to kill the disgusting smells - it worked somewhat. I walked around in stocking feet one morning and the bottom of my socks turned brown. We couldn't use the television in the bedroom because there was no remote - the proprietor said that a former guest had taken the remote but she should have had a back-up remote or borrowed one from another of her many properties in the building. Our rooms faced the water but what no one told us is that trains run 24/7 and you hear the noise of the trains and loaders all night. The hallways of this building have old peeling tile and dirty walls - very creepy. On top of everything else, we did a load of laundry in the first floor laundromat and someone put 3 pieces of chewed gum in our dryer - fortunately (?) they stuck to the dryer sheet and the sides of the dryer. If you don't mind filth and terrible smells, the views of Prince William Sound from the 15th floor are spectacular - but if you're the least bit queazy about ill-maintained and dirty abodes, then stay far away from these condos.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water hear the trains all night. Be prepared to do a lot of cleaning and airing out...