“Prince William Sound Kayak Trip”
Review of Paddlers' Realm

Paddlers' Realm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Prince William Sound Kayak Trip”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I just returned (July 2014) from an extended kayak trip (12 days) from Valdez to Whittier on Prince William Sound with Ryan Collins of Paddlers Realm. It truly was extraordinary. Calving glaciers and magnificent rock formations were all within our view. From whales to bears, from sea lions to otters, from puffins to seals the wildlife was beyond compare. Ryan is an expert in back country camping which guaranteed that we found high quality campsites with spectacular views and fresh and safe drinking water. Ryan's deep knowledge of and respect for the Sound provide a rare and unique perspective. His higl-level kayaking skills, capable leadership and sense of humor insured that our group had a truly memorable and safe experience. I came back enriched and inspired to return. Ryan will be my first and only call. From a one day journey to an extended trip I can heartily recommend Paddlers Realm. You won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank David M

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“12 DAY KAYAK TRIP VALDEZ TO WHITTIER”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

In July 2014 I had the true pleasure of joining Ryan and 3 others for a trip of a lifetime. We paddled in Prince William Sound from Valdez to Whittier--140 plus miles. The trip could not have better. Ryan, the company owner, is a fantastic guide. He knows the sound well and obviously loves it. His affection for it is infectious. He is an excellent paddler and teacher. He will teach you as much as you want to learn. If you want to just do your own thing, he is happy with that too and does not force learning on you. He has excellent equipment available to rent but is also ok if you want to bring your own. He let us do as much of the trip planning and navigation as we could do but gracefully stepped in where our knowledge and decision making was lacking. Ryan has a fun sense of humor and is a joy to spend time with rain or shine. He even picks up any little bits of trash he finds that others may have left. We saw lots of otters, sea lion, sea birds, and coastal flowers. The cedar trees in East PWN are lovely and grace the temperate rainforest landscape so beautifully. I literally can not think of a thing to criticize re Paddler's Realm. I highly recommend Ryan to you for a day paddle or if you are lucky a more extended trip.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank beth b
del mar, ca
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Had a great time with Ryan in Blackstone Bay!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We didn't have the best conditions. A huge storm had just blown through and it was still pretty windy, but we still had a great time. One of my sons is allergic to Gluten, so Ryan created a completely gluten free lunch for us that was so delicious.

We were taken by power boat out to a beach in Blackstone Bay to begin the kayaking tour. the ride out was very comfortable in a covered heated boat.

I highly recommend this adventure.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dsnolan4
Houston, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sea Kayak Rescue class”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I recently took classes with Ryan at Paddlers Realm. I was a little nervous about doing the wet exits but with excellent instructions and patience I now am comfortable in my sea kayak. I learned so much and had a great time in class. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in sea kayaking. I would love to take more instruction or go out with Ryan in the future. Ryan and his staff are caring and very knowledgeable which made the experience awesome!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JoAnen B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learned how to sea kayak...check!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I just had the best weekend learning how to sea kayak with Ryan the owner of Paddler's Realm. The class was very informative and with lots of hands on practice I went from knowing nothing to feeling confident that I could start sea kayaking on my own. Ryan and his team were awesome!!

1 Thank Emily S

Been to Paddlers' Realm? Share your experiences!