“More of a lunch menu.”
Review of Glacier Canyon Grill - CLOSED

Glacier Canyon Grill
Reviewed June 4, 2012

They used to serve a wide variety of dinners, but have changed their menu. Smaller selection, more of a bar menu, but still good.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I will never recommend this place to anyone wanting good food and good service. This place wouldn't give me a refund or even make me a new steak in exchange for the poorly cooked steak they served me. I ordered a steak medium rare and I got it well-done and they were rude and argumentative when I asked them to fix it. Please save your time and money and go elsewhere.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Our family has come here for Super Bowl Sunday about three times as it is pretty kid friendly during the game and the day time crowd isn't rowdy. (but don't know what it gets like at night). We have ordered various standard menu items, such as the cheesesteak which is pretty decent and I really liked the crab & salmon dip. Their french fries are the double coated kind, so they are greasy but good. Not fancy cuisine, but fine for bar fare. The service can be slow, but usually very nice people.

I don't know if Glacier Canyon Grill is owned by the same people as the Grandview Hotel, but they are both in the same building and seem to get a really bad rap. The grill itself is in good shape but you can see the hotel building (which is actually pretty nice for Wasilla) and bathrooms have been abused by the patrons. Basically too many folks who do not know how to respect property, and afterwards complain the loudest ;) I don't know what the owners can do about it--discriminate(?) Or shut the hotel portion down during the winter. But they do try to keep it clean, and patch up the damage. Looks like they are trying stricter rules too, like locking the pool. It's a shame really.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

went here to enjoy a friends b-day. Took a very long time to get help (45min). Didn't separate our bills so we got charged a huge amount of gritutity as a group. On top of that the only thing she brought us was our 1st round of drinks and our food, after that she never came back and yes she was still there, so we had to go to the bar for our drinks. I feel you earn your money you shouldn't be able to tack it on thats what makes a waitress not work. Yes we asked her to make separate tabs, all she had to say was I don't care how its paid as long as it is this amount. Rude. You are suppose to say I'm sorry let me go separate this for you.

2  Thank coverwasilla
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We came in on a weekend to enjoy some food & wine. When we receive our food the steak I request mid-rare was well done. I asked if they would recook it.
I get some lady named sandy come over and basicly tell me she won't cook another steak and if I dont like this one tough ..
I would never recommend this place or the hotel

1  Thank jimsmuggles