Agate Inn, Inc.
$180
$175
Hotels.com
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn(Wasilla)(Great Value!)
$180
Alaska's Select Inn Hotel(Wasilla)(Great Value!)
$139
$99
  • Restaurant
Alaska Kozey Cabins(Wasilla)(Great Value!)
$149
Orbitz.com
Alaska Adventure Unlimited Chalets(Wasilla)(Great Value!)
$199
$188
Priceline
Mat-Su Resort(Wasilla)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Alaska's Wasilla Bed and Breakfast(Wasilla)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownercontinental breakfasthome away from homesolar panelsseparate buildingsatellite tvquiet place to staystayed one nightreindeerfeedmuffinspetfireplacefridgesuitefossilsalaska
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was sent to Wasilla on a business trip, and they wanted to put me up in a hotel in Palmer, near the facility where I was to work. But, I used Google Street View to get a realistic view of the place and surrounding area, and I was not impressed. So we kept looking, and found the Agate Inn. Google Street View couldn't see the place, which in itself was a positive thing. The area is super quiet, despite it being close to a major highway, because it has lots of trees all around it blocking the noise. It's a very beautiful area.

Inside, I was impressed as well. The room I was in is spacious, and it was clean and welcoming. The rooms have great features. I was there on a warm day so I did not use the electric fireplace. Instead, I cranked open the windows and turned on the ceiling fan.

The business station in my room needs a new chair, and I will mention that to the staff when I check out. It's gas cylinder is not holding my weight (got that sinking feeling), and it is not tall enough for the desk. But that was a minor issue. There was also a small marble round table I could have used that was a little lower and had a nice wooden chair at it, but I didn't bother moving my laptop. Again, it was a minor issue.

The wi-fi signal strength was excellent, and I did not have to ask for the password, it was provided as a matter of course. The internet speed was fine. I didn't bother running a speed test because things were working smoothly, even uploading high resolution photos of the reindeer in the back yard to Facebook. There was an ethernet cable available as well, but I did not use it because the wi-fi was good. Power outlets for the business desk were easily accessible.

I didn't use the little jacuzzi tub but it was neat that it existed.
The shower head is plenty high up for tall people.
There was an extra blanket readily available (but I didn't need it).

The TV was fairly small, and mounted on the wall in the corner, above the electric fireplace. I personally don't watch TV, and I was glad that the TV was not given the "place of honor" as the centerpiece to the hotel room, as is so often the case. I felt that the guest was encouraged to look out the large picture windows instead, at the trees and the reindeer - and that suited me just fine.

This place is not "just around the corner" from any business districts. You have to drive through a few miles of residential area to get to it - but I feel that it is definitely worth driving a few extra miles to get to.The reviews on most of the other accommodations in this area were downright frightening, and I am very glad I took the time to research them and choose this place.

If I come back to this area again, I will remember this place and stay here again, with pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We completely enjoyed our stay at this inn. Every need a traveler might have was addressed in a very clean, modern, confortable room. If you arrive in the afternoon you might be asked if you would like to help feed the reindeer. They are very tame and lead you from one clump of grass to another - really fun!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the Agate Inn on two separate nights, using their King junior suite. It was a pleasure to stay at this very comfortable place. The breakfast foods were adequate. We also had a nice flat screen tv with lots of viewing stations. The WIFI also worked just fine.Great value for the money paid.

Room Tip: Our suite had two comfortable lazyboy type chairs. I think that other rooms had just the one recliner chair plus a regular chair. However, one or two chairs did not really matter as the rooms were so nice.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Wasilla is essentially a suburb of Anchorage, and you may not have much of a reason to linger here, but this BnB was a pleasant surprise. We had a king junior suite in the building that contained the office. The unit was large, contained a king bed, large desk & drawer area, satellite TV, kitchen area with full dish/utensil service, fridge, microwave, jacuzzi tub, overhead fan, separate shower and fireplace. Only the sink area seemed a bit small as it was a triangular area tucked behind the kitchen wall. There are two other buildings, once of which has a laundry room (50cent wash, 50 cent dry). Our building also had a full business center.
The area was very quiet (except for random highway noises), but close to a great restaurant, & stores. Bonus - how often can you feed a reindeer herd. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The junior suites were actually quite large.
2  Thank TrnrMom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Large, spotless, well maintained, and QUIET - plus a VERY comfortable King bed and a jacuzzi in this Jr Suite made this one of our best B & B stays anywhere - plus, the owners pet reindeer (or are they caribou?) are a major plus. Microwave, fridge, good tv - and breakfast goodies were just right.