“Beautiful view, but that is about it”
Review of Settlers Bay Lodge

Settlers Bay Lodge
Ranked #7 of 129 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant and lounge with banquet facilities.
Wasilla Alaska
“Beautiful view, but that is about it”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The view and setting is beautiful. The bar is full service, and very nice. Good wine selection. The problem is the food is hit or miss. I ordered the pepper steak, it was over cooked and when I said it was over cooked, the server took the steak away, and the server, the hostess, the manager and the cook inspected it and sent it back, to tell me it was NOT overcooked. Like I wanted to eat the cold thing after all those people examined it and breathed all over it. It stayed on my bill. I did not eat it, and did not even bother to take it home to the dog.
The service was even worse than the food that night.

• Visited September 2011

Portland Oregon
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Nice atmosphere. Food is just OK. Pricey.
This place has been opened and closed...and opened again and again. Hope it makes it this time. Probably the nicest place to go in Wasilla....as far as restaurants go.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Great food and service but...”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Food was great, service was great. But when I saw the new asian owner, I thought to myself oh no this place is going to do down hill fast. This tends to happen when asian takes over these nice restaurants. Hope that she can maintain the great food that comes out and the great service too.

Visited October 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
“Great Dining in Wasilla!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Friday night 7pm the place was packed! Awesome service and the food and wine were wonderful. Great value for the money!

2 Thank AKR907
Wasilla, Alaska
“Updated review from 2007”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

When I last reviewed Settler's Bay, the restaurant was going through owner changes and re-opening. I feel it is time to update my review and provide current information. There are a few restaurants in Alaska that we frequent often due to consistent food quality and service. Settler's Bay is one of those restaurants we frequent at least every other month, if not more often. We usually sit in the bar so that we can play trivia games, watch sports, and be a little more casual than in the restaurant side. The full menu is available in the bar as well. There is an excellent selection of hard alcohol, mixed drinks and beers. The food and prices are very good, and often I just get a burger and fries instead of the large meals. I cannot say that in the last three years or better, that we have ever been dissatisfied with our food or service. The restaurant staff has been there for a few years now, and they are on top of their game with their excellent service. The restaurant also offers specialty meals and celebrations during the year as well as banquet service. The views of the Chugach mountains are awesome, and deck dining is also available. If I could give a 4.5 star rating I would because it would be closer to my intended rating.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank inluvwithAK

Been to Settlers Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!