“A regular treat for our whole family”

Mekong Thai Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Mekong Thai Cuisine opened up in 2002. We've been offering the best Thai food to the valley ever since. We specialize in Isan-style Thai food or northern Thai food. Ranging from different Thai tastes of noodles, curries, soups, spring rolls and more!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A regular stop for my husband and as well as the in-laws. Every time I eat else where in the valley I end up comparing it to Mekong..."We could have had Thai!" Great, kind staff. We make me feel special buy remembering my customizations. Always a recommendation for visitors looking for good food.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Pad Thai was mediocre. Floor, tablecloths, and especially the restroom, all filthy. Not planning to return.

3  Thank WordNerd
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The restaurant is simple on the inside, however, the food is exceptional. I usually order the Thai Chicken Fried Rice with extra lime. It is amazing. My husband has ordered a variety of foods from here, and he is always well pleased. The staff is friendly, and this place is usually pretty busy, they do quite a bit of carry out business. The Thai Iced Tea is always a favorite.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This family owned-operated business is by far the best Thai food I have ever tasted. It is even better when you do take-out to enjoy the rest of the area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't understand the rave reviews about this place. I had some really mediocre Thai food. A plate of Pad Thai was gummy with none of the crispy peanuts that I'm used to having in this dish. Bean sprouts on the Pad Thai were overcooked and there was none of the nice sweet, sour, salty flavor I expect in a good Pad Thai. A red duck curry was oversalted and not particularly aromatic. Service was very good. There is the usual selection of beers (low end American, Chinese, Thai, plus an Alaskan Amber). There is also a reasonably priced selection of wines. Decor is a mishmash of Thai pictures in a red, green, pink environment that wasn't particularly attractive. Look elsewhere for excellent Thai food.

1  Thank areview28

Been to Mekong Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!