Alaska's Select Inn Hotel
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Eagle River Motel(Eagle River)
  • Free Internet
Excellent 5/5
    View Hotel
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is awesome. So awesome that if I could find a way to move the building, I'd take it with me. I hate when other hotels are junk for this price. The rooms are HUGE, I have 4 closets! 4 full size sliding mirror closets. Kitchen is well stocked, stovetop, microwave, frig, sink. But here's the kicker, an oven. No Extended Stay, Suburban, Mainstay, or Marriot cottage that I've ever seen has an oven. I can finally cook some frozen pizza's the right way.

The TV is great, large flat panel with cable box. GCI cable with TONS of channels including the on screen guide. I love the on screen guides as an out of towner because I never can tell what's on just by a paper list. Good call!

It has WiFi, unlike another rater. But it's ethostream. It works, but I'm sure you road warriors know all about Ethostream...yuck.

The bathrooms are clean, oh so clean. I couldn't find traces of hair or other nasty things. Curved shower rods. Sink is decent enough to open my ditty bag up on the counter.

The walls are a tad thin, but I sleep heavy so no worries for me. Not too many rooms so not a lot of neighbor noise. The doors to get in are keypad coded for security and its great.

All in all, great hotel. I would recommend it, and I'd stay here again. Too bad I have to check out.

Room Tip: NO onsite staff after hours, be early to check in or call ahead.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
    1  Thank redneckITengineer
    Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very accommodating, the room was huge and most importantly, it was very clean!. Our room included a kitchenette and flat screen TV all for $70 per night. The only thing that kept me from rating it a 5 star overall was the fact that there was no WiFi available. If you're looking for a great place in Wasilla or Palmer, this is it!

• Stayed: March 2013
    Reviewed January 30, 2013

Found this spot online, not sure what to expect for the price, but the location is excellent, a short distance from the Parks Hwy, off the beaten path, no loud traffic. Nice quiet neighborhood. A bit windy, but that's Wasilla for you, esp in Jan. The main doors slam loud in the wind, but other than that, can't say enough about how pleased we were with the accomodations, esp for the price. Full kitchen/frig/stove. Comfortable chair, desk, exceptionally comfortable bed. Overall, for the value, we highly recommend!

Room Tip: Chose a room closer to one end of the building or the other for easier move in and out, note full kitchen if it's what you want..
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is by far the cleanest hotel room I've ever stayed in, in Alaska. It was outstanding! I was very impressed with the size of the room, & the fact that it had a kitchenette. Not to mention a ton of cable channels. The cleanliness was off the chart! I could smell the slight scent of bleach everywhere! I loved it! Yeah the highway noises were apparent, but I didn't mind. Once I was in this room, I felt like I could actually live there! That's how comfy it was! I didn't want to leave! Now when I have relatives come to Alaska, this is without a doubt where they will stay! I will be a returning customer myself. I couldn't believe how inexpensive this room was for all the amenities they offer! I just can't say enough! Simply outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2012
    1  Thank Springniles
    Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel was great. It was clean and the staff was very helpful. The bed was very comfortable, I would stay here again. The only thing I found was the rooms facing the highway had alot of road noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the building. There was alot of road noise by the highway.
    • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends