“Good experience!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good experience!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Small and simple on the outside...clean spacious rooms inside! Kitchenette included..sorry we could only spend 1 night in the area! Even though the office closed at midnight, management made sure we could enter the room with our late arrival. Friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Had a great room with kitchenette in it. Comfortable, clean and quite. I loved this hotel. It's hard to find. We had to ask at a gas station where it was as it's located in an off the beat residential area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve N
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel is a "renovated" apartment complex. Get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012
oneida NY
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We pulled in late as our flight to Anchorage was delayed. The guy at the desk arranged to have the security code for us, and the key under the mat. Fortunatly, we arrived before that was necessary. The room was OK. TV worked, beds were clean and comfortable. But - the walls are paper thin. Late arriving guests with boots on WILL wake you up. Your upstairs neighbor wants to use the loo? You will know his innermost visceral secrets. There is no staffing after 12 midnight, so if there is an emergency you are on you own. We won't stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank optix10
Hibbing
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Please believe the negative reviews about this hotel. I had read them before we left on our 10 day trip. I called about the dirty carpeting and was told that they were changing carpeting as we spoke.The noise was another issue. Slamming and banging doors all night long. Until they find a different way to allow guests to come in and out at night without the heavy doors and the CODE, we will not reccomend this motel. After complaining about the loud t v noise to the young man on duty the noise got louder. The refrigerator was located at the head of the bed and ran all night long. Each time someone in the hotel used water the well pump would run for a long time. 9 nights of this was a bit much to take. We will pay a little more for a hotel and get a quiet clean sleep. P.S. Travelers: you are not the only one staying at the hotel of choice, use a little common sense and courtsey.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HibbingRocky
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My friend and I were to stay there for two nights and found the rooms to be dirty and dismally appointed. The TV didn't work, and the lone kid on staff couldn't do anything about it. He had contacted the owner, who didn't offer any alternative - so, no TV. We also found the sheets to be dirty, and had the kid call the owner - who insisted they were clean. I insisted they were not and my friend and I left as fast as we could - no way we were staying overnight. I had the charged taken off my credit card ASAP. Too bad there isn't a rating lower that "terrible" on this site.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Kabul
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I made my reservation by contacting the hotel directly and learned the hotel does not have a 24hr staff coverage. Since I was arriving late, they told me the security code to allow me to get in the building, and told me the room key would be under my room's welcome mat. I had some concerns - but everything worked - the security code was accurate, I got into the buillding, and the room key, which worked was under the mat. The room was large - a studio apartment, with complete kitchen, stove, sinks and cabinets. The room was clean, and the window curtains kept out about 99% of the midnight sun. I stayed at this hotel to avoid the high hotel costs in Anchorage - the 25 min drive north of the airport is a big cost savings. This is a motel, not a resort, not a full service hotel. Its a couple of blocks off the main road, but well worth the drive. I would stay again and recommend it to others, just don't expect anything other than a clean, large, room with a big flat screen tv.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank goodinfo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Agate Inn, Inc.
#3 of 25 in Wasilla
Pioneer Ridge Bed and Breakfast Inn
Alaska Garden Gate B & B

Been to Alaska's Select Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!