“Comfortable and Pleasant”

Grand View Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We did not have reservations in this area, and we were pleased to get a top floor room with a nice view of the mountains. The hotel isn't fancy, but it is more than adequate for an overnight in Wasilla. The room was large, clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We were quite pleased to have found it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enjdav

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Not impressed, not that I was expecting a whole lot to begin with. First off the room although clean smelled of old socks and out dated there has not been an up grade in at least 15 to 20 years. I was In a single bed room that was originally a double, obvious because there was a small bed with a void in the room where the other one use to be, two lambs but one was missing a bulb, cheap. On the topic of cheap no breakfast but you can buy a shriveled orange or brown banana for $1.50. The food here is terrible and takes for ever and if that wasn't bad enough I had to sit though loud karaoke by the time I got my food I just took the plate to my room. Don't leave any thing on your bed because they won't make it, I had left a note pad on the bed and when I returned there was a note left " we could not make your bed on account of personal items left on the bed" a NOTE PAD obviously the house keeping is just as lazy as the cooks smoking weed in the back. The friendliness of the staff is less then desirable, if you think you could at least get a smile or a good morning from any one, you would be wrong

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ando1313
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great place, clean and neat. Our truck broke down in Wasilla and the staff went out of their way to get us to needed places and to the repair shop. Very friendly staff. I could only put an excellent rating on this hotel, but it deserves much, much more. Thanks again for all your help.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The room is a bit dated, but relatively big and also rather clean. The woolen plaids on the beds were however not the cleanest and need replacement or at least to be washed.
It is not possible to get breakfast in the hotel.
The view is very pretty.
Be carefull when you enter or leave the highway which is is front of the hotel, it is busy and they drive fast!

Room Tip: ask a room with a view, so you are not facing the highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been here now for 2 1/2 months since the first of May 2014. Sandy & her lobby staff have been great to work with day & night. The cleaning staff have also been great, providing us with spotlessly clean room, wonderful towels and linens, pleasing furnishings and firm comfortable mattress. A hook on the back of the bathroom door to hang clothing or a robe would be a nice touch. We have eaten downstairs at the hotel restaurant several times & the food is delicious! Soups & Salads are to die for. All the people at the front desk and other staff (downstairs restaurant) have been very polite and efficient. Our stay here has been great! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Larry L
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to some hotels that are bad once or twice but 5 times is to many times for forgiveness.
The cleanliness was below average the people that work there are depressing the they play loud karaoke wen your trying to sleep. The whole restaurant crew looks like they have been smoking pot. Which brings me to this other point that when I would go eat the food took longer than 25 min my wife and I ordered some burgers and there was only 4 other people there. So I go to smoke a cigarette outside and walk towards the back and there would be a kid with glasses smokeing pot with some other kid and they would look around all scared. like no one knows the smell of marijuana. Then when there done they go inside the back door. I came In and still didn't have my food. Smh I kept going back because I like the view. But that's it.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jj199140
Reviewed July 11, 2014

it's a place to rest your head and has the basics… but that's about it. was in town with a group with a full schedue and we were all mobile so we had meals elsewhere. the downstairs lounge seems to keep early hours except on karoke nights…i was on the 3rd floor at the opposite end so was not affected but can see how that may be a bit of a concern on the lower floors and closer to the lounge.

locals, the restaurant next door was a good stop for pizza and a beer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Alaska's Select Inn Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are
Pioneer Motel
Pioneer Motel
#1 of 3 in Palmer
Pioneer Ridge Bed and Breakfast Inn
Alaska Garden Gate B & B

Been to Grand View Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!