“Food only surpassed by the service”

Evangelo's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A restaurant is a place you go to treat yourself, to be taken care of, to be excited about food. At Evangelo's Restaurant, we have always worked to bring a sense of home in our kitchen, food, and dining experience. Evangelo's is a taste of our Mediterranean home. We hope you enjoy.
Palmer, Alaska
“Food only surpassed by the service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great Italian food, fresh, homemade and delicious. Nice surroundings, GREAT service and surprisingly reasonable prices. Large servings, so go there hungry or plan to take some home.

• Visited July 2013

Juneau, Alaska
“Lovely place”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were in Wasilla to enjoy a high school graduation of a special young man. A special place was in order and the family suggested Evangelos. The decor and ambiance were better than expected!

The salads, pizza and calzone were good and over-sized for single servings. The spaghetti was not so good...but the wine and service were good.

It is the nicest place to celebrate in the downtown Wasilla area and worth the price.

• Visited May 2013
Wasilla, AK
“I don't go there anymore”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

For a while I thought it was great, and the best service in town. But, the last time I went I ordered a Shrimp Louie Salad, and the waitress brought me a huge platter, and it was not prepared and very unappetizing. It was huge, and way too much food, and not arranged nicely. I asked the waitress to take it back, and for the cook to toss it, or somehow prepare it. She told me "They don't do that. We get them delivered, and we don't do anything to it." She could at least have brought me a serving dish! So, I ordered something else, and I didn't like it, either. I was so disgusted I have never returned, and that was years ago. I have no desire to return, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Cassville, Missouri
“Never ate so much in my life!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First let me start off by telling you we've been visiting Evangelo's for 10 years. It's by far my favorite place in the Valley. Always delish and the size of the meals makes the prices understandable. You can always count on a good meal here and the view is gorgeous! Great place for a romantic dinner but just a great for business, family/friends or whatever you need.

This last visit I had stuffed halibut and my family was very impressed at how much I actually ate. It was enough food for 2 but I ate every single bite AND had no regrets. I HIGHLY recommend this dish as well as...well...EVERYTHING on their menu. They have a great drink selection as well.

• Visited January 2013
Palmer, Alaska
“Italian Food and meeting hall”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've attended several catered meetings in the downstairs meeting room and always experienced excellent food and good sound system. Catered meals run a wide gamut of choices. Upstairs the italian food is always my choice.

Visited January 2012

Been to Evangelo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!