“Good service, okay food.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Locals Pub and Pizzeria

Locals Pub and Pizzeria
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Talkeetna, Alaska
“Good service, okay food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We sat in the bar area and I was happy to see that they were showing all of the college football games (with sound). We were greeted right away and the server was very friendly. Keep in mind this used to be Chili's... So it looks very much the same, they just changed a few decorations. We both ordered wrap sandwiches and I wasn't very impressed (a little expensive for being predominately lettuce). I would go back but I would try the pizza... Since that is the specialty.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Bedford, Virginia
“Great Pizza with some local specialties.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Locals is a very good pizza place, with a wide variety of pizza selections. They have some very original specialty pizzas that are a must to try.
Keep in mind that pizza in AK is a little more expensive that your local place at home.
Locals has a nice atmosphere, and good service as well.

Visited June 2013
Wasilla alaska
“Not as bad as some of the reviews I have read.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

First off, I never read any reviews until I had set foot in the restaurant and ordered. Then I said oops. Lot of negative reviews for just 17 people writing in. Slow service, bad food, don't go! etc. We were surprised. The service was quick, friendly, and helpful. Having read that it would be a long wait, we were surprised to have our pizza in lees than 30 minutes. Was it good? Yes. Was it the best? No. But for all the wrong reasons. Never have I seen a pie so piled with toppings. My wife and I can usually eat 3 slices each, so we ordered a large. Mistake. We could only eat 2 each, and that was a reach. Crust was good, not soggy. Good flavor. Good sauce. LOTS of toppings to the point of way too much! But better that than the other way! I think they will get another visit from us. We have learned that the large is the size of a 17" rim on a car, so perhaps a small or a medium will do. Hope the nay sayers give the place another chance. I like the fact that it is local, and not a chain. Good luck in the future folks.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food in Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had some great pizza and service. Everything was clean and the waitress was very friendly. There is lots of seating and no wait even at noon on a holiday. Prices are reasonable and a they have a large menu selection.

• Visited May 2013
Whitehorse, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were hoping for more when we went here recently for a Sunday brunch. The food was ok, but just ok. And the music that was blaring might have been ok on Friday night, but not Sunday morning...maybe that is what spoiled it. It isn't what I would call a pub atmosphere, either.

• Visited May 2013