“Disgusting!!!”
Review of Alaskan View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasilla
Alaskan View Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Anchorage, Alaska
“Disgusting!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I rarely write reviews but our experience at this motel needed to be told so that othesr are aware of what they may be getting into. Checked rates of other motels before checking in - only a few bucks less than others in the area. From the ooutside looks great - log cabin look and it is right off major highway (Parks). Checked in - day staff was not very friendly -appeared to be an effort. Front office was shabby and office area looked very disorganized - should have been a red flag but I like to be optimistic. Had to pay upfront instead of at checkout. In the room - turned down the bedspread and the pillowcase on the bed was covered in blood - soaked through to the pillow as well. Went and got the front desk staff (not the same as when we checked in) and she looked at it and said she had to make a phone call. Came back and stated she would change us to another room which we did. No other offer - like maybe discounting the room. We checked out the sheets in the second room - really not sure they had been changed either but at least there wasn't any blood on the linens. it was obvious that the floor in the second room had not been vacuumed as there was a variety of items on the carpet. Didn't really check this in first room - the shock of the bloodsoaked pillow was enough. It was late so we stayed.. used the sink - both hot and cold were just a trickle -shower was exactly the same - barely enough water coming out to rinse off. Beds were uncomfortable. Only plus was that you could sign in for wireless internet without an additional charge. Have never encountered anything quite like this in years of styaing at different motels. My advise - spend a few more bucks on another motel in the Wasilla Ak area but be sure to check the room before paying. I've learned my lesson - won't be as complacent if this ever happens again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank Writeitlikeitis

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fairbanks, AK
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The service was friendly if a little gruff. The rooms were fairly nice for the price and I was happy with everything--until I tried to sleep! That mattress was the HARDEST bed I have ever, ever slept on. I was tempted to lift up the sheets and see if there was really a mattress under there. I know they have to be sturdy to accomodate lots of people, but come on, seriously, rock freaking hard.
To add to matters, although we had never turned the heat on during our stay the temperature of the room rose to probably 87 degrees if I had to guess. we all took all our clothes and blankets off and just tried to sweat it out. I can only guess that the room next door had turned the heat on??
On the up side, it was very convenient to walk right up to our room and unload the car, it was a good location right on the highway. The water pressure was great in the shower, and it was nice and hot, always nice to find. One of the cheapest places we've found in Alaska during tourist season, so if you're REALLY on a budget, maybe.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank roxye907

Travelers are raving about these Wasilla hotels

Seward,Alaska
Reviewed September 21, 2008

NO smoke detector . Completely taken down with a mark on the ceiling where it used to be. I asked about it on check out and the reply was.."they had too many complaints about it going off." I'm a smoker and have never had an issue with setting them off. What the heck were they smoking???

The beds were terrible..one needed to be replaced as it was in really bad shape...broken and sagged really bad.

No view from the backside rooms other than a parking lot and tall trees.

Cleanliness...glad I'm not that picky as it wasn't done very well.

I liked the seperate outside entrance for each room.

The room was small with the sink outside of the bathroom. 2 beds ,TV, dresser, table and 2 chairs. No frig or microwave.

Staff was very friendly.

I was really looking forward to staying here as the previous reviews were good...
Overall I was very disappointed. I really wish I could give this place a better review.

I stayed here because of the state fair going on and it was a great location as that goes. And it's always nice to have a 24 hr Walmart just down the road too!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank glacierlady
Nenana, Alaska
Reviewed January 18, 2008

I travel to Wasilla frequently and stay in this hotel during the colder months when I can't use my camper. It's my pick because it is pet friendly and when I travel so do my critters. The rates are reasonable for Alaska and the staff is ALWAYS friendly. They bend over backwards to help their customers out.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Don't have a coffee pot in every room - have to ask for one at the front desk
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bnorman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2003

Friendly, courteous service always with the welfare of the traveler in mind.

A home away from home.

Very desireable location including shopping, restaurant and tourist attractions.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 3, 2003

Very close to all major conviences in Wasilla, walking distance to one of Wasilla's best restaurants and the only theater. Views from the rooms of the Mountains are excellent and the hosts are friendly and maintain the grounds, flowers and rooms with attention to the details. Ample parking and being able to pull right to your door on every room makes senior or hanicapped access among the best to be found.

• Stayed January 1999
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Alaska's Lake Lucille Bed & Breakfast
Mat-Su Resort
Mat-Su Resort
#14 of 25 in Wasilla

Been to Alaskan View Motel? Share your experiences!