“Gem of a place”

Last Frontier Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Geeat family ran resturant. Great food and even had oysters rockafeller. Great service and live music. Definately going back and taking friends.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Good food at reasonable prices. Casual atmosphere, music on weekends and some evenings. Good selection of brews.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

It's always good to have another restaurant in Wasilla; especially one that is not a chain. The location is great in the heart of Wasilla right across from the Holiday Gas Station just off Main Street and Parks Highway. If you are looking for good food, good portions and good waitstaff, this is the place. We ordered the Mushroom Soup to start. It was a large bowl, served with Oyster crackers. It's a good thing we didn't order two bowls, or we would not be able to eat our entrees. The soup was very good with a lot of mushrooms. It was not as hot as I would have liked it, but good soup nevertheless. I am kind of a beer snob, and they have a good selection of their own beers. I did not like the wheat or cream ale, but loved the 24 Carat Gold and Black Diamond beers. The soup was followed by two entrees including ribs and halibut and chips. The ribs were great with a nice sloppy sauce on top. It was served with a large portion of mashed potatoes and gravy. I really liked the gravy. My husband said it was ok. I could tell it was homemade. It was also served with a nice size salad. The ranch dressing had a garlicky kick to it and we also had the honey mustard dressing which was great. They seemed to be homemade, but not sure. The other entree was halibut and chips. Again, a large portion served with fries and coleslaw. I don't know if I liked the coleslaw or not - it was different. It seemed that the fish was served with homemade tartar sauce and cocktail sauce which had a good kick of horseradish. I saw other large portions coming out of the kitchen and they all looked good. We wanted to order the prime rib special, but we were early and it was not ready, so we will like to try that another time. The food prices were moderate. If you want really good food, large portions, good beer, and don't care about the ambiance, then this is your place. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank inluvwithAK
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have eaten here a couple times. The burgers are very good. The seafood I was not as impressed with. I got the captain's platter which was ok but not great. The oysters did not taste fresh. The halibut was very good and the clam strips tasted like they came out of a box. The staff is friendly and the waitress did a great job. The burgers are somewhat pricey, but they are worth it.

1  Thank MedicG
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've been to the Last Frontier several times now so I think I can provide an objective review. The food of course is always good but we've heard that the beer we love (Moose's Tooth Hard Apple Ale) is not going to be offered for a while and once the last keg is gone they're not sure if/when they'll be getting any more. We were told they're going to possbily start brewing their own version of an Apple Ale...I hope it's as good as Moose's Tooth.

The 4 or 5 meals I've had have been good. One in particular was the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich. It was exceptional. I thought the hamburger I had recently was really good but it is hard to screw up a burger. The Jalapeno Poppers appetizer was decent but I have come to enjoy my favorite appetizer, the Susitna Skins. You get six potato skin halves that are loaed with the usual...tasty and very good with a cold beer. I haven't tried any pizza yet so will reserve comment. Several flat screen TVs for sports enthusiasts. All in all it's above average and a great little local watering hole.

2  Thank llstelck