“Excellence in a unique setting”
Review of The Grape Tap

The Grape Tap
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy delicious Housemade food, unique wines and craft beer in a 1930s home. Paired with excellent service and a lively environment, you will have a dining experience unlike any other in Alaska!
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Food choices are not the average and everything was cooked to perfection. Not a large area, so make a reservation. Friendly staff, good service, and trademark flavored nuts make for a unique experience, as well as the feel of the stone walls in the lower level. Cozy and sophisticated at the same time

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I ate here for valentines day. It was a very busy busy night. But we made a reservation and got in before closing. We started with champagne before our meal. I'm a new vegetarian so they did have options for me to pick from. I ordered they're veggies with brown rice. It was the best I've ever had. So tasteful and full of flavor. I enjoyed every bite. I will eat here again. But I save this restaurant for special occasions.

1  Thank Tara B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love this restaurant for its unique atmosphere (a visit to the basement is a MUST), food, and wine, but the acoustics are unfortunate. I wouldn't recommend it for those with hearing issues because it can get quite loud when it's full.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The tenderloin was superb. The portions were just right. Not large portions, but sufficient. The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu as well as the wine selection. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner. The place has limited seating and is a bit crowded on a Friday night. Due to the crowd it was also a bit loud. Seating aside, atmosphere was pleasing.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

A very unique dining experience, particularly for Wasilla. The restaurant is in a remodeled home in downtown Wasilla and although the space is cramped, the remodel was well done. They have great wines (and beer too!) and are knowledgable about their offerings. I have had several dishes and the food very rarely disappoints. The fillet is spectacular. Being seated can be difficult, but once inside service is great. My only complaint is portions are small compared to the price tag...I have to order several tapas to leave the restaurant full, which usually means I leave the restaurant broke as well.

1  Thank MatValleyMatt