“Best meal in Alaska!”

The Grape Tap
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
San Francisco, California
“Best meal in Alaska!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant would be good in New York or San Franciso - in Alaska its's simply the best! From the first bite of their spiced nuts to the last morsel of a delicious fruit crumble, everything was exceptional. We shared a fillet, which was perfectly cooked, flavorful and tender. Our server was friendly, helpful and our meal perfectly paced. What a find the Grape Tap is!

Eagle River, Alaska
“Average after hoping for Above Average!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ambience is nice- service is good, but some of the food and 'lack' of it is an issue. Menu is very limited, and they were already out of two items halfway through the dinner service. Dates were overwhelmed by tons of bacon and cheese....Champagne was served at room temperature...and one of the meals had to be returned- burned. Portion size is a tad small for the above average prices. I must say that the star was the Tenderloin- cooked to perfection! Don't know if that will be enough to take us back.

Visited July 2013
Wasilla, Alaska
“So yummy...perfect ladies night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been searching high and low for a tapas style restaurant in Alaska. I think Anchorage has maybe one or two but I've never been.
We made reservations (which is recommended) and were seating right away. The restaurant is such a cool, chic establishment...you would never guess you are in Wasilla, haha
Our waitress was very nice and helpful.
We had the flights of wine, the not so cheap dates (omg AMAZING), filet mignon sliders and two desserts (creme brulee and this huge but delicious oreo/peanut butter/brownie/ice cream cake.
Yes, the portions are smaller than in other restaurants, but that's okay with me...I am not big into the huge portions that are served now days.
Highly recommend....will be returning with the hubby :)

1 Thank valhart7
“Delicious. Wasilla's best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to The Grape Tap for our wedding anniversary and loved it! We made a reservation for 7pm on a Saturday night, and to my surprise it wasnt too busy. The service was great, decor was cozy, and food was phenomenal. My husband and I shared the "Not So Cheap Dates," and they were amazing. More sweet than savory, but my husband loved them; and he's not into frilly food at all. We also ordered the Morracan Scallops (4 large scallops on the plate,) the wedge salad, the grape tap greens, and the seared ahi. It was all delicious. They have an impressive assortment of wine and beer as well.
Definitely worth the extra money. Make plans to eat here!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Doesn't feel like your in Wasilla, Alaska!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wonderful! Just wonderful. Make sure you get reservations as this lovely spot is always, always busy! They are working on landscaping for a outdoor space, and it will be perfect for sunny Alaskan summer evenings. Only downfall with the Grape Tap is they don't open until 5:00!

Visited June 2013

Been to The Grape Tap? Share your experiences!