“HORRIBLE SERVICE”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Its a real shame that a place with such great food has such HORRIBLE servers. Went in this evening there was not very many people there at all (maybe 4 tables seated). We were there for almost twenty minutes and all we got in was a drink order and our server was not only rude to other customers but complained to us about those customers. i really don't think we will be going back there.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped by for a family meal one evening. Quickly seated and given drinks. Massive menu that seems to be more Italian than Greek. http://www.piccolinos.net/_images/Lunch_and_Dinner_Menu_Web.pdf. Our party of 5 didn't take too long to be served our meals, and they were prepared exactly as ordered--hot and tasty. Portion sizes are not small. The prices are a little spendy--c'mon-->$14 for a salad? Might be worth a second trip to try another dish.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I thought their pizza was outstanding, and i consider myself to be a fair judge. This was our first night in Alaska and we stayed at the Best Western down the road. Pizza was the last thing on our mind, but as it turns out - it was a real treat. I'm somewhat surprised at the poor reviews given for this place because i enjoyed the overall experience and the food quite a bit. Had their house salad with home made thousand island dressing, and found that to be a nice trip down memory lane (seems no one serves thousand island anymore). The waitress was very friendly and added to the dining experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've heard Piccolino's is one of the best places in the valley to eat.

2 out of 4 plates had an issue, though one of them was argueably symantic.

I would call the food quality par with a good pizza joint, not fine dining.

The symantic issue was with the "ziti" dish my wife ordered... When the manager stopped by to ask how everything was, we mentioned the dish was good, but the pasta served was actually penne. The manager said that's what they serve as ziti.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've eaten here before...and will again. The ambience is moderate - not the best, not the worst. The overall menu is extensive and all good. The service is pretty good too. But the steamed clams appetizer is absolutely the very best I've ever had. I could eat it for appetizer, entree and again for dessert. The broth is a true nectar.
I grew up on the East Coast - Western Mass to be closer. Not quite Cape Cod but close enough to get there for some of the best steamers on the planet. But they don't hold a candle to Piccolino's! Bar none, the best steamers ever.