“Disappointedly So-So At Best”
Review of Metro Cafe

Metro Cafe
Ranked #5 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Wasilla
Description: Coffee Shop also serving sandwiches and soups. phone # 907-376-7701
Palmer, Alaska
“Disappointedly So-So At Best”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The Metro Cafe appeared to be this quaint and cute little place to stop in for a bite to eat. We live in the area so our curiosity caused us to stop in recently on a Saturday while we had been out "yard saling". We both opted for their lunch special combo soup and sandwich. Sadly it just wasn't what we were expecting. We had ordered and it seemed like it took a rather long time to get our food considering we were the only two people in the entire place. My sandwich was supposed to be a panini but it really didn't resemble a panini...more like a heavily greased/buttered pan grilled sandwich. Half of my sandwich had a hair on it and the corn chowder really didn't taste like corn chowder. Not tasty or satisfying at all.

Since we were the only people in the entire place we should have known that may have been a red flag. It does have a drive through but I observed that most drive through customers were ordering coffee. One up note: The place is nicely decorated but that's the only one compliment and not enough to give it a better rating. Rather than raise a fuss I've simply opted not to go back....at least not until they fix the issues I encountered.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank llstelck

Palmer, Alaska
“Basic, cozy and friendly”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

So first of all, this isn't the best place for lunch probably. But isn't a bad place for lunch. I've eaten here on many occasions and while they don't offer a lot of variety for food - the staff is always friendly and always accommodating. I like the panini's - they are quite simple, but they are good. The soups are more versatile than the paninis - and I've enjoyed almost all of the ones I've tried.

Their coffee is good - and I love that there is a drive thru - though I have only ever used it once. The atmosphere is really what makes this place so great. There is a fireplace in the back that's perfect for winter though you never 'have to' sit by it because they keep the heat up enough. It's a great place to have a small lunch, or meet for coffee with friends.

The number one reason I have gone back to this place so many times, is the staff and their willingness to accommodate. After trying many other places - and always being let down because 'we're sorry but that's all we have' or 'we can't alter the dish, you get what's on the menu' type of attitude. Not that it bothers me - but I have taken clients out who really do require those special places that offer patience, willingness to help, and a quiet cozy place to enjoy a meal/coffee. That is what they offer and I couldn't be happier with it!

• Visited August 2013
Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
“Clean, Cute, Comfy!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My hubby and I are from Hawaii and we just wanted to relax with a great cup of coffee, locally roasted that had some nice ambiance...AND THIS WAS IT! The baristas were very sweet and friendly offering to make us any kind of coffee we could think of. We settled for simple java with a shot of espresso. Hubby's coffee was great. Mine was "good" and that's only because I was loathe to tell her she had just poured way too much milk into mine. I didn't want her to re-do it. The shop has wonderful comfy seating and nice high cafe tables inside and then, outside there is a nice little patio with several tables and chairs with pretty hanging baskets overflowing with beautiful petunias. I would definitely say to check this place out. Just follow your GPS... It's not very far out of the way, and well worth it!

• Visited June 2014
Wasilla, AK
“Great place to take a break!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Its location is on secondary road, so there is not as much activity, but they do provide with great customer service, and make great coffee. They also have a big variety of different teas. there is 3 sisters by the name Kristina, Evelina, and Dana that work there, and they are always happy positive and provide with great customer service.

• Visited March 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Cute place with friendly staff”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stopped here several times for coffee and it was very good. Their soups were good too! It is cozy inside and the staff was always friendly.

• Visited March 2013