“Good for a short stop”

Iditarod Headquarters
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Wasilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Headquarters site for the Iditarod dogsled race.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stopped by the Iditarod Headquarters with not a lot of time, so it worked out okay for us. I was expecting more of a museum, but it was mostly trophies and posters. Nobody offered to show us the movie, maybe since it was the end of the day. We did go to see the dog sled and puppies and my kids LOVED snuggling with the 7-week-old puppies. We watched someone else take a ride and it was neat to see how excited the dogs were to pull, even though it was hot that day. I was glad we hadn't paid $10 times the four of us for the 30 second ride though.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were very pleased with everything - the movie was great and went into much detail about the dogs, who they are, how they're different, why they run. If you have any doubts about how the dogs are treated, see the movie. I was very touched by it all. I had read a book about the serum run so I actually was teary eyed when I saw Togo, the amazing dog that helped save Nome. Loved this place. We hadn't done the summer dog sled ride with other venues due to the high costs of $50 and more, so for us the $10 for a short run was well worth it. The dogs were eager to run, we all had fun. The puppies were cute, the statues very nice, the staff friendly. Worth the time to visit!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Informative displays on the history of the Iditarod and the opportunity to take a sled dog ride if you want to (we did another one elsewhere so didn't here). Great gift shop for getting Iditarod memorabilia not available elsewhere. Good stop for 1/2 an hour or so.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Make sure you go in and see the movie about how they take care of the dogs. It was also fun to go on the cart with the dogs pulling and it was only $10.00.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Loved the video. Loved the sled dog ride for $10 even better. We had such a good time Everyone was really nice.

Been to Iditarod Headquarters? Share your experiences!