“King Fishing on the Deshka River”

iFishAlaska Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: iFishAlaska Guide Service offers Alaska fishing trips near Anchorage, our largest city. On our daily Alaska salmon fishing trips we take you to the Deshka River or Little Susitna River, to experience the thrill and excitement of fishing Alaska salmon. Our fishing trips are close enough to do day trips from Anchorage and are only 90 minutes drive north of the city.
Reviewed June 16, 2018

iFishAlaska Guide Service is under new ownership. The previous owner, Pat, was my favorite guide in the Mat-Su Valley. I fished with him three or four times a season over the past ten years and he was going to be a tough act to follow. I received the news of Pat retiring from the guiding business with sadness, but trusting that he would be sure to sell his business to someone who was knowledgeable and dedicated to giving his long-term clients a good fishing experience. In that respect, I was not disappointed. Two days ago (June 14) I had my first fishing trip with iFishAlaska's under new ownership. The new owner, Spencer, chose a tough time to take over a fishing guide service. Many rivers are closed to fishing for king salmon this season. The Deshka was limited to catch-and-release only. I had guests from Dallas and we had the trip booked well in advance, so we were committed to fishing, even if we couldn't retain our catch. Our guide, Lief, provided us with a great fishing experience! He Knew what he was doing and was very attentive. My guests had some physical challenges, but he was patient and very helpful and they went home with memories (and photos) of a great Alaska fishing experience! Everyone caught fish, and because it was catch-and-release, we weren't limited to catching just one and fished all morning long! Lief earned this five-star rating! I will definitely be fishing with him again.

Date of experience: June 2018
iFishAlaska, Owner at iFishAlaska Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Wow! Thank you so much Chuck! We are very excited to be fishing with you for years to come. We appreciate so much you to writing a review. It means a lot!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"trip"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Great service, knows the river with excellent results! My wife really enjoyed his professional directions, and catching a few too :-)

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 26, 2017

This was our fourth trip fishing for silver salmon with Pat, and the three of us limited out. Pat's experience and love of fishing is evident in the way he leads his excursions. He makes every effort to ensure that you catch fish, and he is a patient teacher. I recommend iFishAlaska Guide Service to both the novice and seasoned fisher person. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 15, 2017

We were 4 total noobs who had never fished before. In just slightly over 2 hours, we caught our limits of 4 king salmons totaling 75 lbs. And this was only the start of the King Salmon run! Pat knows the place well and it really helped a lot. We had such a wonderful experience. Thank you Pat!

Date of experience: May 2017
iFishAlaska, Owner at iFishAlaska Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Thanks so much for the great review! It was a blast fishing with your group and I hope we can do it again one day soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 11, 2017

In my 50+ years of fishing, this was the best ever. Pat really knows the river, all the hot spots, and how to catch the Kings. I was so impressed with his willingness to share his knowledge with us, giving us not only the beautiful fish, but the ability to catch more in the future. Overall it was a great experience, and I can't wait to go back!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank JuncoPartno

I'm so happy that you had a great experience fishing with me. I appreciate your kind words. I can't wait to have you back!