“We love the friendly front desk and service! Best place in Valdez!”

BEST WESTERN Valdez Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valdez
Tiburon, California
“We love the friendly front desk and service! Best place in Valdez!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western, Valdez Harbor Inn at least six times. The staff has always been warm and welcoming. They go out of their way to assign me my favorite room and I appreciate that extra consideration. Although they do have have an elevator (only two floors) they always help me with my luggage. I love that the restaurant and bar is attached. It is well located for the town, with good views of the harbor on several sides of the building. For me, it is the only place to stay when I visit the beautiful town of Valdez, Alaska! Thanks to everyone their for their warm welcome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you traveling needs. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
madison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is probably the best place to stay in Valdez, but that does not say all that much. The hotel was dated and the wifi did not work in the rooms. We were very lucky to get an awesome room that was at an end of the hall. We had windows on two sides and views of the harbor. This was a great bonus and made up for the wifi. The breakfast was typical BW fare. Our ferry left very early and we were unable to get breakfast our second morning. The ferries leave early, so it would be nice if there was an alternative offered by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I must start by stating the obvious; there aren’t many hotel choices in Valdez. Second, I had a Glacier tour scheduled for my time in town and the Best Western is located right at the harbor, so it was the clear choice. Now, most of the other visitors come to the same conclusion and have similar needs, so this is an extremely busy hotel. I’ve stayed at a ground floor room (as I was carrying a lot of bags) and such rooms face the parking lot. As we’re talking about summertime in Alaska people come and go up until very late at ‘night’, so it wasn’t easy to sleep through. To make matters worse, the rooms have no A/C and the only cooler available in the room is one of those really small, toy size, fans. Needless to say I had two extremely long nights of bad sleep in Valdez.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground level rooms facing the parking lot!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

For the location, the original hotel architects didn't orient the rooms so that they maximized the view. We had a room with a view -- 100, 200, 201, 101, 102, 202 all have views of the harbor if you pull back the curtains and hang out the window. The view is really spectacular, but not an easy sit on the bed and look out view. The rooms are in a two story motel orientation where one end faces the harbor and most of the rooms face the parking lot. It is too bad because the location of this property is great. The dining room faces the boat harbor and provides entertainment during dinner. Even the area where they serve breakfast has some windows into the harbor. The staff are good, the breakfast is great for an "included in the price breakfast", the bed was comfortable and the internet is fast. Overall a good experience.. but I'd like to take a huge hand and move the rooms so that at least half of them faced the harbor.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a view... but be aware that the best view is from the chairs that...
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room was clean & comfortable, & probably the best place to stay in Valdez. It sits right on the Harbor. Our room was on the backside of the hotel away from the noise, try to get a room away from the parking lot & bar, it can be noisy.You can walk to the pier from the hotel & to shops & food. We ate in the restaurant at the hotel & had very good food. The hotel provides a contintal breakfast, with waffles, sausage, eggs toast, biscuits & gravy, cereals, fruit & drinks.

Room Tip: If you want a quiets night sleep, ask for a room away from the parking lot & bar.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Absolutely the best place in Valdez: the location, the views, the rooms, the complimentary, complete, breakfast, the best restaurant is on the the premises. There is even a barber shop there. The only downside is a difficult WiFi that you have to log into each time with weird codes.

Room Tip: On the second floor (no elevator), rooms 201 to 208 should give the best view of the small boat harb...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
My staff and I would like to “THANK YOU” we are glad you that we were able to make
Your stay an enjoyable and memorable experience. Hope to see you again.

Scott Malone
Paso Robles, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Valdez, Alaska is gorgeous! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location was perfect & the accommodations were great! From here you could walk anywhere you wanted. We drove from Anchorage & the drive takes about 6 hours but so worth it, just beautiful landscaping. We ate at a Totem Inn restaurant & the food was so good! The fish fresh & great salad bar along with the best clam chowder I've ever had.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your stay an enjoyable and memorable experience. Hope to see you again.

Scott Malone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valdez
Totem Hotel & Suites
#3 of 14 in Valdez
Alaska Copper River B&B
Alaska Copper River B&B
#1 of 5 in Glennallen

Been to BEST WESTERN Valdez Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!