“For such a small town, this is an excellent hotel.”

Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valdez
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were on tour an very fortunate to have stayed at the Harbor inn. It is right next to the steam wheeler and right on the harbor. The scenery was spectacular. It was very easy to walk around the town from here. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning, but they do provide a fan.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

My staff and I would like to Thank you we are glad you that we were able to make

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a very good motel. It's rooms are large and clean and it has a great breakfast. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Though it is not new, it is well-maintained. What really makes it a great place to stay in Valdez is it's location. It is adjacent to the harbor and within easy walking distance of tour companies and their docks as well as a variety of restaurants. In fact it is within 100 yards of a major boat tour company and a fine restaurant with a beautiful view. We stayed here 2 nights and would certainly stay again if we resturn to Valdez in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2012

As far as I could tell, this is one of the nicer places to stay in Valdez. That doesn't mean it's a top notch hotel, but it means you can get a reasonable room with a nice view. We chose a view room when we reserved, and we were not disappointed. The view of the boats going and coming is worth the extra price. They even provide a fan you can put near the window (if you choose), so you can keep the window open and get crisp outside air rather than air conditioning. The people at the front desk were very nice and helped direct us on our walk to the local Dock Point trail (which is a fun little 1-2 mile walk, though not entirely scenic). An employee wedged the back door to the hallway open and left their cigarette pack on the top of the stairs outside the door. Fortunately, the smell of smoke did not get into the hallway, but I'm sure it could have. The cost of this hotel is too expensive, but the value is good considering the other choices in Valdez.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Scott Malone/ General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Can't understand the complaints about this motel. Location is great, staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast great with plenty of sitting room. Had accessible room and shower was a little strange (no door or curtain) but was able to dam up water with towels. A little inconvenent but not major. Great town--how could anyone complain about it? We visit Alaska annually and this is one of the best towns we have been in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at this Best Western for one night while on our 14 day Alaska tour. It was clean and comfortable with all the amenities of home. Very comfortable beds and it had a small fridge,microwave,coffee pot,hair dryer,ironing board and iron. Overall it was a good experience.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Scott Malone

Reviewed August 26, 2012

No frills but friendly, clean and comfortable. We stayed here at the start of our kayaking trip and stayed at the Mountain Sky on the back end. Hands down wished we had stayed at the Best Western on both ends. Staff was super friendly and welcoming and rooms more inviting and comfortable. Great location and if you're lucky you might even get a room with a water view:-)

Room Tip: ask for a water view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Scott Malone

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The bathroom floor was sticky, there was a leftover pepsi in the fridge, mold in the bathroom, shabby in general. My reservation was messed up and the front desk staff couldn't care less. I drove around and couldn't find an obviously nicer place to stay so I would recommend not staying in Valdez at all if you don't have too. Seward or Homer are much nicer.

Room Tip: It is in a good location- close to the harbor but noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ILUVAK
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

My staff and I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel this is not the norm and I wish you had brought this to my attention while you were here so I could rectify the problems.