“Avoid this place at all cost”
Review of Totem Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Totem Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Located a bit off the waterfront in Valdez. Food was poor as was the service. We went with our tour group of around 20. Another bus load of the same number was also there. Maybe we got them on a bad evening, but they had advance notice that we were coming and our menu choices.

There are newer reviews for Totem Inn Restaurant

Reviewed March 31, 2011

This place is not where the locals eat. The food is poor quality and the service is poor. We actually moved to a different hotel.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

For the past 4 years my husand and I are in Valdez for salmon fishing in August - September and discovered that this is the place to eat for a good home style good dinner. I especially like the lemon chicken and my husband likes the hamburg steak with mashed potatoes.
The decor is very Alaska and there is a cute little gift shop in the front area of the restaurant.
I always notice that there are families there and people walk in knowing each other. I love those local favorites!

Reviewed July 15, 2010

After 2 days of really horrid food up in the Denali area we were ready for a good meal. The caretaker at the Robe Lake Lodge recommended the Totem Inn for dinner.

Best meals (then and the next night) of our Alaska trip. The "Beer Can" rib eye was one of the top 10 steaks I've ever had. Whole family enjoyed their meal. Even my picky 16 year old.

Waitstaff we're friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

The atmosphere of the Totem Inn restaurant resembles a hunting lodge. There are a variety of trophy animals located in the restaurant, and display cases with native artifacts. The place really makes you feel like your in Alaska.

I enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the Totem Inn. There is a wide variety on both menus and they are reasonably affordable, when compared to other places in Valdez. I found that the best selection for lunch is the daily special... your food will arrive fast and is more affordable than the regular menu.

I would avoid the Totem for dinner. The dinner menu is over-priced, the portions small, and the quality is lacking.